Finally, ive got round to getting some pictures of my car.

Anything about BXs
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Ian. I live in Malvern, Worcestershire. Your always welcome to come and have a look! It would be good to see your low miles TZD too. In fact, we should just arrange a Midlands meet, that way, people not afraid of long journeys can come up from the South and down from the North etc, making a National BX meet :D Umm ive just noticed there is a Northern meet- im up for that.....

Baldbazza- I will take some aerial photo's of the GT badge for you. If its easier I could use tracing paper and sketch it lol?? The early GT's had badges behind the front wheelarch too, and they also had the fuel computer. Oh by the way, I reckon its probably possible to put MK2 doors on a MK1 but its definately not the other way round, so I wouldnt be totally sure. Its because the inner wing on the MK2 sticks out more they had to hollow the door out; thinking about it I cant see any problems with that, but the rear doors are different in that way only.

http://66.249.93.104/translate_c?hl=en& ... en%26lr%3D
Last edited by adamskibx on Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

adamskibx wrote:Baldbazza- I will take some aerial photo's of the GT badge for you. If its easier I could use tracing paper and sketch it lol?? The early GT's had badges behind the front wheelarch too, and they also had the fuel computer.
Thanks - would greatly appreciate anything to help get a badge made up as accurately as possible. To be honest, a close up photo of each badge (are they the same size?), along with dimensions should suffice. Can then doctor it in Paint Shop Pro or something.

As far as I can tell, the nearest thing my GT comes to having a computer is when I carry my XDA with me... Mind you, it has got an LCD clock, and almost all the elements work!
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Cool ill do that tomorrow. Yeah its just the one badge on the late 85/86 models; it was just the 84 GT's that got the computer and extra badges. But they had something missing too, I cant remeber what now.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Oh dear that looks sad. :cry:
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Adam, we should meet somewhere round Birmingham airport one day?

I wouldnt have thought thats too far from you?
Over and out from me
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Sounds good to me Ian. I work about 20 miles South of Birmingham and am still using the BX for work at the moment, which isnt fair on it but then ive got no choice until a company car is sorted out by work. What dates/times are good with you?

That red GT is the 4th one ive seen/seen a picture of now, but I had seen one for sale in the Citroen car Club mag when I used to subscribe to it. It was mint apparently, and he/she wanted 350 for it. It would be interesting to findo out who owns that one now.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Adam, your motor looks fantastic mate. Be good to see it at a nothern meet if we can all get together.
Vauxhall apologist.
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Adam, a weekend would be best for me, its about 20 miles to Brum from me too so its probably a good halfway house.
Over and out from me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Do i here of a midlands meet? 8)
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

A 'mini-meet'?
Over and out from me
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Ian_Fearn wrote:A 'mini-meet'?
Aye, you could meet up at a services with the southern gang on route to THE NORTHERN MEET!
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Is my name not down so im not coming in then?
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Im all up for a mini-meet and/or the Northern meet, which by the looks of it is still to be sorted out/organised. If you wanted to meet somewhere round Birmingham Ian, and Tim?, and whoever else for that matter, id be able to make the weekend after the one coming, either Saturday or Sunday.
M

Post by M »

Ian_Fearn wrote:A 'mini-meet'?