Northern meet in September?

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

Theres your free Mk1 TRS out the window Billy
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

:lol: Actually I don`t think Tim can make it anyhow. I believe there`s a course coming up on dealing with VW warranty problems. Starts 2nd September and ends in 2914 :lol: *
With a bit of luck one of the great unwashed will travel north and we can pressgang them into being a butler for us?

(*Only joking Mr Leech)
Vauxhall apologist.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Thinking about the picnic thing,Iwas thiking about bringing some good old Barnsley pork pies for everybody to try.Beieve me,you haven't lived til you've tasted one
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Sounds good to me Dean, I may even bring the delectable Mrs Cavmad (the one I never slag off!) if she`s not on nights that week and the heirs to my crap used car collection too.
If the weather`s o.k (same as any meeting I suppose) I honestly think you`d struggle to find a more picture-esque place for a classic car gathering.
Depending on time of arrival/departure there`s alos some cracking country drives/landmarks in the area also.
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Barnsley BXer wrote:Thinking about the picnic thing,Iwas thiking about bringing some good old Barnsley pork pies for everybody to try.Beieve me,you haven't lived til you've tasted one
Er sounds great but...... Do they make pork pies without the pork?!?!? I'm afraid I'm one of those difficult bu**ers that doesn't eat meat. No I'm not atree hugger, just dont eat dead things. Sorry!!
Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Im hoping to have the TRS gone soon Cavmad, havea couple of interested parties, one for parts and oen for the car as a restoration project, so fingers crossed!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Best of luck Tim, can`t believe no-one`s taken you up on it so far. I hope it gets saved too rather than for parts but at least (all being well) it`ll be out of your way.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Restoration projects a non starter, David has very kindly offered me something for it but only to break it up for spares which at the moment I dont want to let that happen. I went to mums today where it is and it stsrted first time as usual and rose up easily.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Can anyone interested please reply underneath as apparantly space is at a premium. We need numbers and also the year of the car you want to bring (pm me for more details). Have spoken to the organisers this morning who were very helpful though I get the impression we need to try and get organised pdq.

*IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING*

1) Jonkw and or Interwired accept no liability for any loss, damage or injury sustained as the result of either:
i) following technical advise you may have read on this website and forum
ii) members of this forum or website carrying out repairs to your vehicle/property
iii) members of this forum meeting socially at whatever premises or location

This mean (afaIk) that if we meet we meet as friends who want attend a car show and we are entirely responsible for our own welfare and insurance etc.

Entry fee is £2.50 per car as long as received a minimum of nine days before the event. Good value in my opinion as the entry fee just to watch the show is more than this alone.
Vauxhall apologist.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Do we send the money to you?
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

We could probably send it direct if neccessary though it may be trickier that way. I`m just waiting for them to come back to me on a `technical` issue (pm sent BB) first before we can commit.
If everything goes to plan then I don`t mind standing it until the day if people are definately coming.
Vauxhall apologist.
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

I'm definitely going, but not sure what in yet
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Ok folks, spoke to the organisers today who were very helpful. We do need to book asap though so names please.
So far I think we have:

Sir Cav of Madfordshire.

His Excellency Sir BX of Barnsley.

Mr. A. Steel (Tommy`s brother).

Anyone else? I think we had a few others interested. Any of our midlands/southern counterparts fancy coming?
Vauxhall apologist.
M

Post by M »

Lost the plot a bit here - is this Chumly? On the 3rd? Does the car have to be pre 91? Who is that mysterious super hero? Is it Sarge? Rosmary the telephone opperator? Or Henry the Mild Manered Janitor?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Could be! Can we add you to the list Marty? 03.09.2006 at Cholomondeley it certainly is and as long we are in BX`s the age doesn`t matter, managed to negotiate that before and forgot to mention it.
Vauxhall apologist.