BX club Chester news!

Anything about BXs
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

BX club Chester news!

Post by cavmad »

What a day! Finished work at 13.30 then dashed home to meet super hero Vanny. A bit of calling about and we located a distributor cap for the 16V (local garage supplied wrong one!) and then back here to fit it. Some arsing about with jump leads and a better battery and bingo! she`s up and running :lol:
A few small jobs to box off and she`ll be there, not least of which will be a massive clean and polish session.

2nd on the list was finally getting the 1.9TD to my local garage to take for MOT when he gets the chance. Looking really good with just a basic wash but there`s a few definates on the failure sheet looming which I just haven`t had time to sort out. The idea behind getting it to an MOT was to see what work is required before I take the plunge financially, though there`s a few jobs I can do myself.

Next up was to bid farewell to the TXD. Found a good (local) home with Artic Steel whose just this minute left leaving a BX shaped hole round the back, which is no bad thing as the natives are getting restless and it gives me some breathing space.

I`m now down to 2.5 BX`s (I think): the ever useful estate, the 1.9TD and the 16v plus a few `odds and sods` of spare parts kicking about.

My entire fleet has now dwindled considerably: the Vectra went recently as did two Corsa`s, a Nova, the TXD and a couple more too. Now down to the 3 BX`s, the 190E, the truck, Corsa TD, Nova TD and the Maestro van-if it`s still there!
Vauxhall apologist.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

It LIVES!

sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Bloody hell it lives it breathes and its out of the garage good work vanny and billy wont be long before it has an Mot and it cruising round with the driver having a big grin on there face.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Ain`t that the truth Aaron! It`s long overdue a good test drive up the M53 early one morning :wink:
Vauxhall apologist.
abarthmark

Post by abarthmark »

Does any one near chester use Robin Coombes for servicing? I've been going to him for 17 years and found him excellent. Also Kieth Davis in Aldford who has my old BX TZD as courtesy car, (the purple J reg) 8)
abarthmark

Chester meeting up

Post by abarthmark »

Do any of the chester area members meet anywhere for drinks , get together? I haven't been up to Boars Head to CCC meet for ages even though I've been CCC member for a while.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Unaware of Robin Coombes mate, where can he be found? I have used Keith Davis before, a bit pricey but fair play he`s a bloody wizard with all things Citroen.
I use Newton garage for pretty much all my general work, first class job and very well priced.
Vauxhall apologist.
abarthmark

Robin Coombes

Post by abarthmark »

He is in christleton behind the village pond. He has a garage behind his house that he runs his business from. Its a small family business ,very fairly priced and very reliable. He does get very busy so may be reluctant to take on big jobs, but he has always looked after my cars superbly. I have used Keith a couple of times, and he is superb with BX's and all other citroens. He was a keen CCC member for many years, but is no longer a member. I've known them both for many years and both of them are superb mechanics. A damn sight better than the main agents in chester! I had my Dispatch serviced recently at main agents and they failed to put the new fuel filter seal in properly, resulting in diesel pumping all over the engine, and having to call citroen assist to sort it for me so I could carry on working. :twisted:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Well you live and learn, I had no idea there was a garage by the pond. I do remember an old acquaintance many years ago trying to set the land speed record in a Triumph Toledo round the bends there though. Bloody hell, that was proper scary :shock:
Hows the Ring-o-Bells these days?
Vauxhall apologist.
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

AH, the ring-o-bells & Triumphs, that brings back a few memories
abarthmark

ring 'o'bells

Post by abarthmark »

The ringers is doing fine, its abit of a restaurant pub now like most pubs round here. The garage is up a track at the side of the pond on the littleton side.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Cheers Mark I`ll check it out one day, must be near wherever the Masonic Lodge is now?
Vauxhall apologist.
abarthmark

Robin

Post by abarthmark »

No, the masonic lodge is down past the plough pub, Robin is towards littleton going out of the village on the right just past the pond.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I always thought the dodgy hand shakers were by the pit, time to re-learn my local geography!
Had an epic argument with a bird one evening in The Ring-oBell`s carpark, circa early eighties. Just one of those daft things you remember for no reason, though the whole pub coming out to laugh (at her) imprinted it on my mind even further :lol:
Used to work on Brownheath road so know the area fairly well.
Vauxhall apologist.
abarthmark

Post by abarthmark »

Good grief, talk about being on my doorstep! Where did you work on brownheath road? The only business I was aware of was the garden centre that closed years ago. I bought a job lot of conifers for my garden from there.