Another estate car arrives

Anything about BXs
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Another estate car arrives

Post by tom »

In this case a pale blue TGD with four odd but legal boots, 93000 miles (We found the evidence of a replacement speedo at 50,000) an engine that runs a bit, after some tinkering. The timing is probably out, I reckon and the Blaupunkt is good. Better still, it has had a Kenlowe fan fitted which a mate with a Landy covets and will pay me £25 for, I'm sure. Cost? £14 once carpet money is taken into account so I'm in profit already! Until the vintner's bill comes in. DLM was much traumatised by 40 miles on solid tow and is busy dealing with a bottle of red...
tom
Citroen Sorceror

Post by tom »

Turbodiesel motor and Grolliffe's aircon before Grolliffe is sold. I prefer the TGD seats because they are more comfortable. Probably around Christmas as I want to take Grolliffe to France one more time.
tom
Citroen Sorceror

Post by tom »

Think I may already have one. Watch this space. BTW does this mean that DLM will have to explain
Cavmad's parentage?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

tom wrote:Think I may already have one. Watch this space. BTW does this mean that DLM will have to explain
Cavmad's parentage?
Maybe you`d like to explain what you mean by that?
Vauxhall apologist.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

DLM was much traumatised by 40 miles on solid tow and is busy dealing with a bottle of red...
Now I know how Schumi feels when he's slap behind the next back-marker and about to overtake - except that overtaking's not an option when there's about 5 feet of solid towbar firmly connected between you and the car in front, and you're equipped with an engine that won't run for more than 30 seconds without dying....
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
tom
Citroen Sorceror

Post by tom »

I'm feeling both happy and a little foolish. I had stated categorically that the engine was well stuffed. I had turned it over and it spun over so fast that I reckoned it had no compression; thinks: cracked head and blown hg between two pots. Trouble was, once I'd bought the car and whipped the plenum off, the car could be gotten to run, albeit very weakly so I wondered about a timing issue. It wasn't that. It was the primer pump's non return valve going all Happy Birthday. I bypassed the filter unit and the engine started first turn. It kept running, too. Just lucky, I guess :D