Pheonix from the flames? The TD Auto rebuild (in colour!!)

Anything about BXs
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Hells Bells Chris, this is dedication to the cause make no mistake 8) I take my hat of to you!

Never mind BXer of the week, a lift time achievement award is due 8)
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Come on then MrB,you're in the high eschellons(I don't think thats spelt correctly)of BXdom,give him an award,he certainly deserves it =D> I wish I had his dedication
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

You're all being very kind but it's more bloody mindedness than dedication, unfortuantley dads footing the bill (but the labours cheap!!).

I'm hoping it'll be a very smart and reliable car when she's finished but I haven't welded a new back end on yet so I could still really bu&&er it up!

Thank you all for being so very nice though! What lovely peeps you are!

More pics tomorrow!
There will be a roll call of thanks at the end!

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Chris, give dad a surprise by welding a '57 Chevy back end on..... you know you want to 8) :lol:

Doubt that old Winston was a patch on you mate! =D>
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

The front end?

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Having sorted the back end out with a Chevy rear then I recon a 6-7 litre twin turbo Chevy V8 diesel for the front just to balance things out. Twin wheels times two at the front, like a certain F1 car and ----------------. must go the men with the white coats have just arrived and Chris just might have ideas.
It is looking great isnt it.THANK YOU.

Cheers.
Geoff.
1991 BX 1-7 td Auto.

I MAY NOT BE ALWAYS RIGHT BUT I AM
NEVER WRONG.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Hhmm, duno bout a chevvy, now a Buick riviera '71 boat tail back end.........

Forget the diesel engine mate, a 455 Wildcat V8 petrol with 4 barrell holly carb... 8) !

It doesn't look that good yet mate, infact it looks bl**dy awful! But it's starting to take shape.... slowley.

Alas due to excessive alcohol consumption last night and the appaling weather I'm giving it a miss today and will instead go amass more bits, then up early tomorrow and attack it further!

Cheers
Chris G

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Hi Chris I think you deserve lubricating---------I mean being lubricated you know what I mean. The big red heavy thing will be arriving tomorrow, not much chance of it arriving today, I dont think, anyway I will give you a call if and when.
Cheers and take care.
Geoff.
Please give Smithy my thanks for helping, was going to say give him a hug but ___________
1991 BX 1-7 td Auto.

I MAY NOT BE ALWAYS RIGHT BUT I AM
NEVER WRONG.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Well, been fairly busy today, doesn't look like I've achieved much but putting effort into preparation which hopefully will pay dividends later....

I feel a corner has been turned since the spares car now looks worse than dad's!

The heater matrix proved to be a total b*&tard despite having the dash out.... But it succombed in the end!

Here it is before fitment complete with strips to seal it and keep things toasty hot in the winter.

Got some green paint on the boot floor and inner wing, definetley aint gona win any prizes for the finish but it does the intended job!

The roof lining from the spares car was rather butchered and had clearly been repaired in the past by someone who knows nowt about cars!!

So the gutter was repaired by grafting in pieces cut from the remains of the old lining and the drain tubes have been bonded in and sealed.

Tomorrow I'll strip and lubricate all the cables before painting the inside of the roof skin, plastering the front of the lining with sealer and fitting it all up.

and I couldn't resist trial fitting the O/S side pod, 8)

All the panels will be delivered for spraying first thing so tomorrow afternoon should see alot of progress and, yep, more piccies!!

Cheers
Chris G

Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Awesome! Good work mate :D
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Doc that is excellent that will look awsome when finished just remember if you need anything dont be afraid to ask I wish i lived nearer as i would offer a little help.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Well done Doc, its nice to see someone grab the job by the B***s its going to be a car again very soon.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Stunning work 8)
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Thank you Jon and all! I'm touched! (and a bit drunk, bargain!!! :D )

Myself and dad have been overwhelmed by just how supportive you've all been!

I've stopped counting as to how much this is costing but it's gone beyond financial reasoning now.

Incidentally Jon if you remember those bits I got from you some time ago... one of the wheels is about to be re-sprayed and become the N/S/R wheel on this car!
All in all, by the time she's finished (early next week I hope, since I've got to go back to work :cry: ) She'll be wearing bits from nearly every county in britain!!

Have no fear peeps, I'll bore you all with more piccies tomorrow!

Cheers
Chris G

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Far from boring us Chris you`re keeping us all entertained with your dedication and enthusiasm and the way you manage to stay completely up-beat.
Some of us, (ok, probably just me) would have been in a nice padded room wearing a straight jacket and mumbling incoherently by now :D
Vauxhall apologist.