Pheonix from the flames? The TD Auto rebuild (in colour!!)

Anything about BXs
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Kitch wrote:Got to admit, this is the most hardcore work I've ever seen anyone do themselves DIY style.
We're rebuilding a Frogeye Sprite, but all the welding etc was done by a welder, painting by bodyshop etc. All we're doing is stripping and rebuilding.
Easy peasy,girl's restoration :D :D :D :D :D
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Barnsley BXer wrote:
Kitch wrote:Got to admit, this is the most hardcore work I've ever seen anyone do themselves DIY style.
We're rebuilding a Frogeye Sprite, but all the welding etc was done by a welder, painting by bodyshop etc. All we're doing is stripping and rebuilding.
Easy peasy,girl's restoration :D :D :D :D :D
After seeing this its not even worth doing it :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

This is HARDCORE!! :shock: :shock:
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Hardcore?? :D Not my sort of hardcore but whatever floats your boat!!! :D :D

I really wanted to get the car finished by close of play wednesday (gota go back to work thursday), and if I cut alot of corners I think I could get it done, but in reality, it aint gona happen. I dont really wana cut corners since everything thats been done so far has been done to the best of my abilities (i.e. badly!).

So I reckon I'm looking at another 2 or 3 weekends.

Finished the welding at the back today.
Ended up making 6 small plates for the sill/ wheel arch:

Then trial fitted the 1/4 panel (just to make sure it still fits!
and it does! 8)

Placed all the sound deadening in and laid the carpets, then plumbed the turbo gauge back in (and it still works)

Then I wheeled the car out to have a clear up and turn her around so I can get easier access to n/s tomorrow, and couldn't resist taking a few piccies!

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have the dash finished, the stereo in and the remaining panel work done at the back........

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

docchevron1472 wrote: I really wanted to get the car finished by close of play wednesday , but in reality, it aint gona happen.
So I reckon I'm looking at another 2 or 3 weekends.
That's still going to be a massive achievement even then. =D>
1991 BX19GTi Auto
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

When you`ve finished it mate I reckon you should do a single thread with all the pictures and descriptions. I wonder if Jon (or one of the mod`s) could then post it up as a permanent `sticky`, as your incredible efforts and skills should remain for all to see?
For the technically incompetant like myself you`re already a legend in BX terms Doc and I`m sure an inspiration to others too.
I`m also jealous of your storage facilities you lucky so-and-so, is that an A40 Farina in the back ground by the way?
Vauxhall apologist.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

is that an A40 Farina in the back ground by the way?
I think its probably a John Deere Cavmad :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Actually Doc, I'm getting annoyed with you!!! you're making me feel very lazy and inadequate :lol: 8)
Only kidding mate, its great seeing the piccies and watching how its going. This could possibly be the finest BX around when its done which simply makes our own BXs look cr*p by comparison....you devil :evil:
1990 BX TGD White
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

It does look great mate, its spurring me on to get my16v as good as I can get it!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

BX Bandit wrote:Actually Doc, I'm getting annoyed with you!!! you're making me feel very lazy and inadequate :lol: 8)
:evil:
That`s odd, you seem to have managed that on your own :lol: :lol: :lol: (Yes, I was only joking) :lol:

Nice one Jon, Chris thoroughly deserves his own spot for all his hard work.
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

cavmad wrote: is that an A40 Farina in the back ground by the way?
Blimey, thanks all. I never realised this would cause such a stir! I figured a couple of technoheads would be interested......... :oops:

It was an A40 Farina Billy! My bro was given it for nowt with MOT! Drove it round till it fell apart (the boot lid was held on with gaffer tape when he got it!!), it's now doing sterling work as a scrap metal bin, when it's full up we'll weigh it in and start filling another scrapper with steel!!!! :D

Didn't achieve much today :( , spent most of the day trying to get the bl**dy 1/4 panel to fit.
In the end I had to compromise slightley at either end but the panel gap between the wing and the door is a bit questionable. If dad is happy with it then thats fine but if he isn't I'll rip the f%^&*ng lot and start again!

I'm not too unhappy with it since I think the door will adjust enough to make it look ok but it aint my car... I dont think dad's actually seen the car since we trailored it away (unless he crept up when I wasn't there?!?!)
so I'm hoping he'll be happy with what I've done.... :?:

With the bumper on though it finally looks like a car again!
and the automatic badge very kindly donated by Philip Chidlow finishes the back off nicely!
Now I just need an appropraite badge for the left hand side of the number plate.... I have something in mind I'll have made!

Since Halloween is approaching here's a piccy of the doc in axe murderer mode!!

I've got one day left before going back to work and however much I'd love to stay off till the cars done the bank would send out a hit squad but I'll see how much of the interior I can get done tomorrow!

Oh, and Mr. bandit, believe me matey I'd much rather this had never happened and we could have continued the gradual upgrade that we were doing..... But needs must when the devil rides! :D

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Needs must is right mate, the upgrade can wait...your Dad need his motor!! :wink:
1990 BX TGD White
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

:D EXCELLENT :lol: =D> =D> =D>
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
sleepy0905
1K Away