BX Mk1 19RD

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

How did you get on with returning the Tax disc to the Post Office - did they try it on to reimburse you 11 months instead of 12?
1991 BX19GTi Auto
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

Of course...Standard policy. You never get back what you pay even if cashed in that month.
1989 Volvo 740 GLE Estate
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Bunch of b*st*rds. I agree with you BXCM as there are scrappies round here who (allegedly) don`t care about documents. They also won`t care about some of the Bx not being metal, they`re almost certainly too thick to realise and all they can see is the money.
Funny how the authorities can`t be arsed chasing the pond life who nicked your car yet I scrap a car on Wed`s (mid morning too) and by first post on Thursday I had the `end of life` letter from the DVLA!
Someone nicked my car once (looked scrap but wasn`t) and I`ve heard a rumour as to who took it, a scrap dealer from out of town apparantly.
I have a brilliant retribution in mind for him and I`m definately going to see it through. If it works I`ll pm you details in case you find who took your`s.
Vauxhall apologist.
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

I wish I knew.....Sorry to hear it happened to you too I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
The twats didn't know what they were doing I had practically restored a very rare low mileage car with many many miles left in it. Yet I've seen 51 plate cars with out of date tax discs they would never dream of taking those. If it was left for a couple of days fine but it was there for around an hour.

Anyway rant over...
I bought a lovely TXD soon after that happened on ebay. It was advertised needing a clutch I was surprised to find it was a minter with one previous owner, but still nothing compares to a mk I
1989 Volvo 740 GLE Estate
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate