A lucky escape! (copied from 16v forum)

Anything about BXs
djoptix
BXpert

A lucky escape! (copied from 16v forum)

Post by djoptix »

I was woken up by my housemate informing me that a car was on fire... NEXT TO MINE (note red BX on the right of the picture!)

"Hmm," thinks I, "plastic bonnet and fire make unhappy bedfellows," and ummed and aahed for a minute about the possibility of the Golf's petrol tank blowing up. Someone torched a Pug 307 behind our house last year, and it blew quite quickly, so I was understandably a bit wary. But since my mum's car caught fire and took two of my dad's cars with it, I decided the BX needed to be saved in case the Golf passed the fire on.

I drove out (the Golf was rather warm, no two ways about it!) and did a 20-point turn to avoid getting too close to the Golf (you can't see it on the pic but my BX was backed right up to someone else's car behind, so not much maneouvring room), all with the hydraulics still on the way up, because speed was of the essence :D

Shortly afterwards this happened...

And all was calm on the street again (apart from the fire engine noise... and the police vans... and the broken glass, and the burnt patch on the road, and the recovery truck, and the policemen currently in my front room taking statements...)
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Is that Jesus on the right there dude?

Anyway, so this Golf was torched...in broad daylight? Erm, where do you live ? :shock:

Lucky escape tho'...if it was torched the 'torchers' clearly have correct taste!!! Not funny tho' really, no one hurt I take it?
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Christ! It does look like, er, The Lord Jesus Christ our saviour himself....Packing an AK-47 if I'm not mistaken..

After dad's car getting torched I know how it feels to have your car destroyed by ar$eholes, although in this case, being a german car and all then, well, no harm done!

BTW, totally off topic, does anyone know why I cant even get the 16v forum up let alone post on it? Been like this for two weeks now.....

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Afraid to say one of my past BXs was a victim of these tossers to use a polite word.

Struck at 3am on the hardstanding we had at the front of the house the front of the car was inches from the window. Bastards poured fuel into the front grill and lit it. Gave me more motivation to up roots and move to NZ.
Darja
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Darja »

In my city at yesterday someone set fire at two cars
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Looks like a Skoda Fabia estate to me
Darja
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Darja »

tim leech wrote:Looks like a Skoda Fabia estate to me
jop, Škoda Fabia combi, I don't like Škoda, but this car didn't deserve it :cry:
And I'm living very close to this place :shock:
reanimation
BXpert

Post by reanimation »

:shock: :o glad everyone and the BX is ok! why do dicks do stuff like this? :( limited to one drive space i do feel even more vunerable.

whats insurance like wherever you are i have been getting quotes recently..
The O/H is sick of hearing about BX's! :( And aparently Xantias are 'Didsbury cars' LOLZ
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

My insurance is surprisingly not too bad (I thought), my policy cost is about 675/yr (though I pay closer to 800 because I can't afford to pay it all at the start of the year). I am insured with Elephant, and putting my girlfriend on the policy brought it down by £150!!

I am 24 with 4 yrs NCB and Pass Plus, driving for 6 yrs... and I live in M14, one of the worst postcodes possible...
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Would you believe my insurance on Full NCD is going down :shock:

In cash terms you buy 100ltrs of petrol and thats my insurance paid for a year. But when you look at our wages then it takes roughly 24 hours working to pay it.

What I struggle to understand is why the kiwis think they are hard done by and move to the UK for :shock: