A NATIONAL meet?

Anything about BXs
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Should make it a bit clearer really - those are cars I have owned rather than cars I own now! The Rover is the only one I've still got but it is under restoration. Very slow restoration, as it lives 50 miles away from me and I don't have the money or skills to do it.

It was my first car though and I love it to bits, I'd hate to be parted from it! I'm sure I'll drive it again one day, after that big lottery win I keep promising myself!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I wish I could restore cars, I`d do the same as you if I won the lottery. I`d buy a mansion house and have a huge garage/workshop and fill it with every single available tool and machine available.
Isn`t one of the benefits of a P6 that every panel can be unbolted and replaced?
Vauxhall apologist.
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Stuart

You're in Kent! My goodness, I was starting to think I was the only member in the South-East. I'm a bit jealous of all those northern types to be honest, popping in and out of each others' houses all day, nicking each others' tools.

Where are you? And why don't you buy that BX estate from the chap in Maidstone? see 2 BXes for spare or repair on ebay, in the for sale section.

We could have a mini-meet then.

Oscar
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
Grace
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Grace »

Car currently being rebuilt: if I get my finger out should be back together for Easter. Correction, it will be back together for Easter.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

I'd be up for a midlands meet too: especially after my daughter offered to pay petrol money for a trip to Leicester to see her boyfriend some weekend soon.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

National meet

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Has anybody thought about Billing Aquadrome on the outskirts of Northampton?Its pretty central only a few miles from the M1.It's primarily a camp site but you used to be able to get a day ticket.There's everything there for the little kids while the big kids talk BX's.Maybe they've got a website,I haven't checked.
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
Calfskin
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Calfskin »

How about in the middle of the UK - I'm sure the Scottish member would love to come down!

Calf.
RIP Rene, 1992 - 2006.
He was the best car I ever owned.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Hooray, good to know my website's still famous! http://www.geocities.com/stuart_hedges for some of the worst G-series you'll ever see.

I did try to move the site to a new address but the hosting company went bust...
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Oscar, thanks, I hadn't spotted that estate. Might well make him an offer, I'll let you know how it goes.

I keep looking at Saab 900s at the moment, can someone please persuade me that I'd rather have a Citroen?
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Dare I mention the word 'Sally'...?

Noticed a typo in your list of cars where this particular one is concerned ;-)

... she's back on the market...! It's possible I might go 'halves' with Chris and run her for a while if my G goes into the workshop soon.

Back on topic- I do recommend a BX. Mine's rather dead at the moment, woe is me :( An engine&box transplant is quite possibly the only cure... Ach! Wrong time of year for it tho... should've got something done in the summer.

Mark
(yes, I'm here too!)
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Howdy Mark, good to see you!

You know perfectly well I'd sell a kidney to own that car again. Don't let her out of your sight this time unless it's to me ;)
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Yeah I know ;) The guy was thinking about putting her on eBay if she didn't sell soon :shock: ... but he's asking 600 squid for her :-/ . Apparently she's had welding work chez Rob's tho...

What are you bowling about in nowadays anyway??

Mark.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Nothing at the moment :( I had a Mark 2 VW Passat GL5 - gorgeous 5-cylinder motor which made a lovely noise. Went like stink and wallowed round the corners like an angry hippo. I was really starting to love it when a tyre blew on the M20 and destroyed the suspension and front wing so I had to scrap it :cry:

I'm on here looking for a BX but keep getting distracted by Saab 900s. Who knows what I'll end up in next...
M

Post by M »

National Meeting of BX lovers anyone? :wink: