Silver and Gold down 'ampshire way, me hearties

Anything about BXs
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

I have to apologise for bringing on DLM's unnatural urges but he's wrong about the colour. Dolmen grey is a dark colour (The same as my first BX)
so I know this much is true,but then the CX is supposed to be "Sphinx beige" which is a non metallic and I reckon it is probably Beige Opale which is a CX metallic colour. More a sort of Golden Brown really despite the lack of a choke!
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Tom - I've got access to a rather useful colour guide book which will have paint matches for all painted parts of your CX. Dolmen Grey does seem to to match the paint code though - take a look at the link earlier.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

tom wrote: "Sphinx beige"
I read that quickley and it came out totally different!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

CX window blind!

Old skool.
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

tom wrote:I have to apologise for bringing on DLM's unnatural urges but he's wrong about the colour. Dolmen grey is a dark colour (The same as my first BX)
so I know this much is true,but then the CX is supposed to be "Sphinx beige" which is a non metallic and I reckon it is probably Beige Opale which is a CX metallic colour. More a sort of Golden Brown really despite the lack of a choke!
Believe it or not Tom, but if you look really hard on the inner guard which includes moving things around a bit, you'll prossible find the paint code.
I eventually found it on my 1979 C-matic so every chance it will be on yours as it's a later model. IIRC, mine was secreted on the tower for the front suspension cylinder.

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

I havent managed to look for the paint code yet' cos the car is some way away but I shall of course. Re the Gradulux blind, Yes, I covet that but I'd rather spend the money on getting the brute up to scratch first which could yet be expensive if I have to get an engine out and swap/rebuild a box, not to mention all the other little trifles...