Mk1 TRS Free to good home

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I agree to an extent but I'm getting 30-35 mpg out of my 16TGS auto... 43-49 mpg from the TXD estate tho'!.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

You're just chickening out of doing a large octopus change aren't you!
Yup! I have bodged it up though so at least it's not leaking just at the moment
I'm actually quite surprised that you're considering changing from a Diesel to a Petrol BX to be honest, especially a 16 auto. low 20's mpg is fairly common for these I believe. You must be getting nearly double that at the moment?
I haven't done the maths but you're roughly right, yes.

The thing is... I really, really, really want a mark 1 and they're rare enough that you can't be too fussy about spec. Actually, what I really want is a top-spec mark one (TR or GT) estate with automatic gearbox and a 1.9 turbodiesel engine - but they don't exist so I'll take what I can get.

Fuel consumption apart, a 16TRS auto is just about my dream spec. It's got all the toys and I'm a lazy bugger so I quite like driving automatics.

Anyway, consumption isn't such a big issue for me. I don't drive huge mileages (I did 700 last month which was a bloody record - it'll be more like 400 this month) and when I move - probably in September - I'll be driving even less.

If I was still doing the big mileages I was a year ago - when I had the ex-Tim Leech 19TXD manual - I wouldn't even be thinking about it.

Anyway, much as I love the Big Red Shed it is not quick. It will be nice to be in something with at least a little bit of go :twisted:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Stuart, I could do it mate but it's a bloody long way from here mate. PM me your postcode and I'll try and work out fuel costs etc.
Vauxhall apologist.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Just to clarify things... I really like the look of the car, but I doubt that things will come together.

There is a buyer for my red BX out there somewhere but I can't reach him for the next couple of weeks so I don't even know if he's still interested or not.

Also I don't know how much he's willing to pay... there's only any point in doing it if he pays enough to get the TRS back here, welded and MoT'd.

So, artic, if anyone else wants this car you should give it to them. If my buyer comes up trumps I'll contact you again to see if it's still available!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Pm sent.
Vauxhall apologist.