clunk,click every trip

Anything about BXs
toddao
BXpat

clunk,click every trip

Post by toddao »

another one that's not quite technical.. came out of the shop and the hound had chewed through the seat belt thoughtfully leaving two threads so I can close the thing but it's not going to save anyone from anything or satisfy Herr TÜV (MOT) inspector.
I need to know whether all BX seat belts have the same mounting and clip design or if there were variations - anyone know? Just been down the scrapyard and studied a mind-bending variety of designs from other Citroens and Peugeots- one or two could be modified to fit but I'd rather find the proper one. If anyone happens to have a passenger side lying about in black and is coming to the National that would be appreciated. If I have a shunt on the way I'll just use the hound as an airbag.
Otherwise I'll try to contact scrapyards here but it would simplify it if I could ask for a BX seat belt rather than the unlikely chance of there being a Mk.1 available. Cheers!
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Surely it wouldnt cost too much to post abroad? better to be safe than save a few quid....
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

Surely the hound is a doggybag? PM our good friend DLM who is breaking a car. I'm sure he'll be only too glad to help you out.
prm
BXpert

Clunk Click

Post by prm »

Todd,

This one caught me out with a hurried MOT test, and stalk replacement.
If your changing the belt, check the replacement belt fits your original stalk.
Would recommend a matched pair.
I believe the design has changed several times. They look similar, but fail to lock .
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Prm is correct - especially about the non-securing clips and stalks if you try to mix'n'match.

I'm aware of 2 types, but there could be more. The earlier type has an orange plastic insert on the stalk, and the later type a red plastic insert.

Toddao - have replied to your PM.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Thanks everyone, hopefully will be sorted by DLM. Encoded the word 'seatbelt' into the hound's mind by waving the broken thing in his direction - sends him scurrying into the corner maybe should add 'head-rest' and other items. Once bought a cheap van that was a true 'dog-box' - everything that could be chewed had been. The seats had been chewed down to the frames and I sat on a pile of cushions from garden chairs instead. Good engine though - Datsun 1200 ( derived from the BL A series?) - not so chewy!
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read