Heaters

Anything about BXs
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

sleepy0905 wrote:OFF TOPIC WARNING

which variant is the SD1 is it 2.0,2.3,2.6 or the mighty 3.5 v8 it is nice to see one in good nick. :D mind you that straight six engine is a best it looks like something nicked out of an aircraft very easy to maintain you can sit in that cavonous engine bay to work on it but the v8 is a different breed.
Apologies for going off topic again.

I`d say V8 judging by badge on n/s/f wing. I`d love a V8 like that, a Vitesse (ideally twin plenum) or the diesel with the VM 2.4 T/D motor as fitted to Range Rovers.
Last of the `proper` Rovers anyone?
Vauxhall apologist.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

totally agree i sharpened my mechanical teeth on these and the 2 series they were by bread and butter when i did my apprentiship with rovers :lol: sorry old eyes did not notice the badge on the wing should of done really considering my background :roll: :oops:
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
H Reg Pete
Confirmed BX'er

Post by H Reg Pete »

Well I’ll take the unit out, strip it and have a look, its got to come out anyway so it might just save me a bob or two, we get a lot of rain here in Scotland and the weathers getting colder so definitely need to get this working or replaced, not only to keep the screen clear but straiten the wife’s face and stop her moaning.
H Reg BX TZD Turbo
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

when you replace the fan check the seal i had to take mine out again and use a thin bead of silicone as the water could get in a drip in the footwell :cry:
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

1979 Rover Sd1 3.5 V8-S Manual, rarest of all MK1 cars (Less than 50 still alive), originally a Isle of Man car bought by me in 1997 from a small used local car lot where the owner traded it in for something more practical.

She wears her IOM plates for shows as it creates interest. Getting rare now as most have been used and abused and were a cheap banger for along time and are no fetching good money again, when was the last time you saw one! Agreed value is £5000! And no its not for sale lol.