Hello!

Anything about BXs
RichardE

Hello!

Post by RichardE »

Afternoon all,New member here thought I'd introduce myself ,as I have been on here for a little while now.I'm the fella that bought AndyG's Gti previously owned by Philip Chidlow I believe.This is my first BX although my Dad always had Citroens when we were kids. I learned to drive in a 75 gs pallas and later had one myself a Dyane and 3 2cv's Anyways I have to say that BX ownership is great It really is a lovely lovely car,a real credit to it's previous owners.Since owning it I've done some minor bits to the car,new tyres ,fixed windscreen,recharged the aircon ,and with many thanks to the pages on this site,the handbrake ,changed the heater panel bulbs and sorted out the groaning struts ,but still have a few other things to sort out/parts needed etc,but I'll be asking you good folk advice on these in the their sections.While I'm here I would also like to say a big thanks to the organisers of this site,Knowing there is a resource such as this in times of need really takes the fear factor out of BX ownership!!
1991 BXGTI Auto A/C Silver
1990 TZS Break Auto
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Good afternoon Richard and welcome along. I too owned a GTi that once belong to Philip and it was a wonderful car. Have you any pictures you could post up of your's, perhaps in the gallery section of this forum?
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Hello! Great to see that trusty GTi back 'in the fold'. (Simply the best auto box on any car I've ever owned). I am thrilled it's gone to a good home.

Is there a chance you'll make the National rally for the BX Challenge on 15th July????? I't be great to meet up. And, by the way, I have a brand new set of rather nice number plates for the GTi somewhere.... :D
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Philip Chidlows GTi!!! :shock: I'm surprised you're still in one piece!! :wink: Only kidding...Welcome aboard and good luck with your BX.
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
RichardE

Post by RichardE »

Thanks for the welcome fellas ,I'm gonna try and get some photos on here soon ,maybe the weekend if I get the time.
Plans at the mo are to make it to the national ,though just for the Sunday,if the weather improves I might dig the tent out and go camping ,so would be able to meet up Philip and you can see the girl again although it's not that long since you parted company,and extra plates would be greatfully received they're always a good idea round here both of my last 2 cars have had towbars pushed through them,London parking hey!
1991 BXGTI Auto A/C Silver
1990 TZS Break Auto
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Looking forward to seeing this car again, its a gem!

From me, welcome to the forum.

Having been kicking about quite a few forums on the net, i have to say that this is about the most friendly (albeit with one or two little upsets) and informative one around.

I'd say without much doubt that a number of members have moved heaven and earth to help out others.

3 CHEERS FOR THE BXCLUB AND ITS FINE BAND OF MEMBERS!
Over and out from me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Welcome aboard matey, you have a lovely example there!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

/\

Have you seen it Tim? I remember Phil having another GTi a while back, take it it was that?
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

'Twas the one in this pic. (Terry has the estate now)...

• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Bazza
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Bazza »

Hi there RichardE and the BX Forum fraternity. Just using Richards thread to jump on board. Its Baz here from Auckland , New Zealand. Devout and devoted CITROEN man since 1955 (THAT dates me a bit eh.?) Thee BX's and that fabulous D Special (and aint they all?) and STILL I thirst for more and more variety.... One of every model might be nice.

Came to England in 1990 on purpose, with the official sales blurb that showed the mighty BX TZD Turbo Estate in that great dark red colour, just to purchase one. Cost to ship to N Zed (Paradise) was scandelous but I was akin to 10 feet tall when we drove it out of that container. One of the very first Estates here I think and they are still rare.. The usual Service stuff over the years but it has NEVER let us down and we have put thousands of thousands of miles on the clock. Mighty. It is parked up with a RUST problem.. (Very unusual out here) and the rust is behind the front windscreen washer bottle.!! Bugger.... Still, it will be done as funds allow and there is a couple more BX's in the fleet to use plus of course my used daily and every chance I get D Special (and aint they all?)
Me,? Oh, Just a pom from Hemel Hempstead and now living in Paradise (since 1974) I see that there are other Kiwis on the forum and I will track them down. Only found this site yesterday. Hey, one of 'em has a pic of his white lightning BX featured with the famous (in New Zealand) Ohakune Carrot.!!! When I discover how to add photos, I will touche that lucky BX owner with another carrot shot, thias time with the mighty D Special (and aint they all.?)......

Gotta go, work break calls. I own a Company (but there is only me and the Dragon) and we (I,!) work only on Lansing Bagnall Electric Forklift trucks. Luvlyjubly. Just a short one then for now and thanks RichardE for hosting my introduction.... (Like you had a choice eh.?)
Go well and drive safely in those fab Bx's...
Bazza
NZ's self promoted DS Registrar. (over 933 listed)
1970 D SPECIAL...
1988 BX TRS Auto
1988 BX TRi
1990 BX TZD TURBO ESTATE.
1989 BX TRi Auto
1985 BX GT...Manual.
1991 BX TZD Saloon in white. LOVE it.