Rusty sunroof - thoughts?

BX Tech talk
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Ah, excellent stuff, glad you found it ok, and thanks for the "present", I'll be up there thursday, so I'll have a taster session!

We have Lodekka's and K5G's, and L types, and a B series, every version of crap you've ever seen infact! But they live in other locations!
The rolling stock at Stroud changes fairly regularly, depending on what needs work, what needs storing etc etc... It's all good fun.....

Hadn't thought of travel writing but it could be a blast!

"The road into Baghdad was less San Fran freeway and more Battle of the Somme. Having got as far as the gates to the city we were confronted with several vehicles alight and coven of towel headed terrorists babbling on about a holy war.. Thankfully the yanks turned up and gunned them all down just in time for the quiant little pub with authentic blast damage to open for business. 3 rupees for a cold lager, and the chips were soggy. The stentch of burning flesh did little for the appetite so I retired to my hotel. Recently renamed from Saddam Towers to the more apt Nelson Mandella house. The bed was rather firm, and the free firework display every evening provided the only entertainment after the pianist was shot for being an infidel" Cont P.94......

hhmmm..........

Hope the roof meets with requirements mate!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

That's the stuff! the Daily Mail pays good money for that kind of unbiased reporting. Mind you, you'd have to put a little more emphasis on the really important stuff such as what they were all wearing :wink:

Back to the subject... Just about to try the sunroof now, once I decide on which size of lump hammer to use.
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Baldbazza wrote: once I decide on which size of lump hammer to use.
The biggest one you've got mate! :wink: :lol:

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Blimey!
Thanks for the beer mate!
I've been to the farm today, to discover a small brewery in the mini bus!!

Very kind of you mate, although one would have been fine! It was only a piece of glass!!

Non-the-less, rest assured I'll put them to good use!

Thanks mate!!

Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

Well, I just happened to be passing this brewery and thought of you... :wink:
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Cheers!
I think I'll have that on my epitaph!! :lol: 8)

Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

The panel fits by the way - thanks! :D :D :D Eventually got it back together today, complete with the best part of a tub of grease on the runners, the slidy mechanism, roof liner, glass, seats, carpet, my head and anything else that happened to get in the way... :oops:

I haven't managed to get it sitting exactly right so be warned - I might seek you out at Stratford for a minor tweak. (I'll bring beer...! :) )
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

No worries mate, they can often take some time up with fine tuning...

Easier after 6 beers!!!!! :wink: