Names to faces > Members and their cars

Anything about BXs
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

well i've seen the car, and it does have an envious finish, but jeaslous of those twiglets coming out of your shoes i certainly am not!

Must admit, while the car looks clean in them pics they don't do it justice at all.

Billy,Doc, you play nice or i'l post pictures of both of you, in the same shot (proving once and for all your not the same person!)
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

????

You've put a web cam in our bedroom?? :wink: :lol:
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

docchevron1472 wrote:????

You've put a web cam in our bedroom?? :wink: :lol:
It's that damn cat in the ceiling again :lol: :lol:
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

It's that damn cat in the ceiling again
Im pretty sure that Mk1 bedrooms were NOT fitted with cats! :lol:

I guess Doc must have a later Mk2? :wink:
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Vanny wrote:well i've seen the car, and it does have an envious finish, but jeaslous of those twiglets coming out of your shoes i certainly am not!

Must admit, while the car looks clean in them pics they don't do it justice at all.

Billy,Doc, you play nice or i'l post pictures of both of you, in the same shot (proving once and for all your not the same person!)
Was a nice car that Doc, I sold it on to someone who looked after it mechanically but not as well cosmetically as myself.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

mountainmanUK wrote:
It's that damn cat in the ceiling again
Im pretty sure that Mk1 bedrooms were NOT fitted with cats! :lol:

I guess Doc must have a later Mk2? :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ceiling cat knows all, see's all. Hhmm, not just cat's then huh......
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

This thread has had me giggling.

I know mnde pretty well and honestly when I met Vanny at the National I didn't see the resemblance at all! Still though - Mark - you really should fix the headlining in your GSA before you let your girlfriend take any more pictures like that. It looks like you have the greasiest hair in the world. I'm still jealous that you can actually grow hair on your face though.

Here's me with my BX (which doesn't look like this any more) in the country of its birth.

Reading this thread has also set me thinking about the links between my various hobbies. Morris dancing - BXs - beer - beards - stupid clothing. It all works out very nicely and on that note I'll leave you with a self-portrait I took when I got home from the National, just to prove that I'd got there and back under my own steam.

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

tim leech wrote:Jealousy is a terrible thing gentlemen! :wink:

Apparantly so Tim, how's the counselling going these days? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
m_2975
BXpert
My Cars: 1989 BX 19TRI Estate
1993 BX GTI
1997 Xantia CT Turbo

Post by m_2975 »

stuart_hedges wrote:Here's me with my BX (which doesn't look like this any more) in the country of its birth.
Thanks Stuart.

Yes this thread is a bit of a mixed bag right now, but certainly something to chuckle about.

Thanks again to all of those who posted and while this doesn't mean the end of picture posting, it's satisfied my curiosity for what BX'ers look like.

Michael
My Cars:
'93 BX 19GTi Sedan 5M
'89 BX 19TRI Estate 5M
'89 AX GT(With EFI) 2door 5M
In the Family:
'74 SM IE (Fully Restored) 5M
'90 BX 19TRI122 Sedan 4A
'02 Xantia Exclusive Sedan 4AA
'06 C5 2.2HDi Estate 6A
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

stuart_hedges wrote:Still though - Mark - you really should fix the headlining in your GSA before you let your girlfriend take any more pictures like that. It looks like you have the greasiest hair in the world.
Ah shucks I knew I'd get comments about the headlining :roll: :lol:

I believe it's a patch of discoloration caused by an old leak through a rust hole in the roof. When the old vinyl roof was taken off, Rob found a lot of rust blisters underneath. Who knows how the garagistes prepped the hail-damaged roof before they applied it way back when! Granted, I've never tried cleaning it, but I'm not sure I'd have any success...

Mark.