BX Club Sites

Anything about BXs
Paris

Post by Paris »

THE MEET WOULD BE QUALITY AS I NEED TO GET SOME CHEAP FAGS!!!
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

And what about a tool share scheme too. For example has anyone got one of these desirable but unpurchasable items ???

Other useful stuff might be ..............

Engine crane
Sphere tool
Hub pullers
WHU

Loans would of course be only to established members. With maybe a deposit system.

Just another idea to help the club evolve.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Diana

Post by Diana »

If I can be of any help to anyone thinking of visiting Le Mans next year let me know. I live at La Flèche, half an hour south of Le Mans, and work at Chateau-du-Loir, also about 30 mins from Le Mans so have a reasonable idea of the area.

For anyone interested in a more direct ferry crossing than Dover-Calais/Boulogne there is a new company operating between Portsmouth and Le Harve, LD Lines. They have bought an old P & O ferry and while the service is certainly much more basic than that offered by their nearest competitor, Brittany Ferries, my last ticket bought in October was a quarter the price of Brittany. I've just booked again for December and again the ticket is one quarter of the Brittany rate. Whether they will maintain this pricing once the boat is fully up and running (there were no shops on board in October, and only one restaurant operating) remains to be seen. The new motorway link between Rouen and Alençon made my journey much easier than in the past. December sees the opening of the motorway link between Le Mans and Tours - perhaps not relevant if you are coming over just to visit Le Mans, but this will make travel to Paris much quicker for anyone looking to go that way before or after the event.

Let me know if anyone wants any local information,

Diana

PS - don't rely on France for cheap cigarettes - they remain slightly cheaper than in the UK but the French government increased the price significantly last year, to the extent that people living near the borders with either Spain or Belgium stock up abroad, to the angst of the Tabac owners in these regions of France of course....
Diana

Post by Diana »

Sorry for the delay in responding, I don't work Sunday or Monday and so don't see email on those days either.

I've lived here in France for four years and as I now work for a French firm I am obliged to have a reasonable level of French, though I am much better at speaking it than writing it.

I will be delighted to help anyone from the forum who wants to come over for events at Le Mans. I am pretty sure that next year (2006) it is also our turn to host the classic 24 hours - this takes place every two years and attracts some fantastic classic cars - not just those on the track, many owners come over with their classics to watch and take part in related events.

Our office is on the main road between Tours and Le Mans so there are some weekends during the season when the traffic comprises a series of the most fantastic cars. Of course the BXs are amongst the elite.....

It might be interesting to the forum to know that there is a good scrap yard at La Flèche (half an hour south of Le Mans) where everything is available already detached from its doner vehicle, they seem generally to charge 30€ for parts. Obviously there are many many more Citroens around on the roads over here so the avaiilability of bits might be better than in the UK. I guess that if anyone is looking for anything specific and is definately coming over then I could check out availability shortly before your visit. I am sure there are many other scrap yards/used car parts places in and around Le Mans, I've always found what I needed at La Flèche and therefore haven't looked further.

Cordialement,

Diana
M

Post by M »

Diana wrote:I will be delighted to help anyone from the forum who wants to come over for events at Le Mans. Cordialement,

Diana
Thanks - thats is lovely Diana. Hoping to be able to make it for the International BX Meet (even if I dont actually own a BX at the moment!)
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Does anyone have a picture of the club polo shirt showing what is on it.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp