Worth saving but a little pricey...

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Well actually, it's 2 damaged wings :( and. NO power steering. :o :cry:

So with the high starting price, it's future doesn't look too good.

I think it'll be around for a while yet. :wink:
They think it's all over, it is now!
M

Post by M »

tim leech wrote:A used wing, headlamp, indicator and bumper could be picked up for alot less than £100, plus paint and fitting would double that, if the car owes you £500 all told with that mileage I think its not a bad buy.

Its worth in my opinion about £200-250, I know its damaged but asides that its a very nice late example and it would be a shame to see it scrapped.
I dunno, I suspect there is more going on there with the look of that headlamp in relation to the bonnet....
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

tim leech wrote:A used wing, headlamp, indicator and bumper could be picked up for alot less than £100, plus paint and fitting would double that, if the car owes you £500 all told with that mileage I think its not a bad buy.

Its worth in my opinion about £200-250, I know its damaged but asides that its a very nice late example and it would be a shame to see it scrapped.
Sorry Tim, it's never worth £200-£250 in twelve months of Sundays. Paintwork to a proper standard would be £300 minimum to someone who couldn't do it themselves and why knock a damaged car together at that sort of cost when you could buy a decent, undamaged TZD with an MOT for about £350?
I'd be utterly amazed if anyone paid more than £100 at most for it, it's just a parts and scrap job I'm afraid.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Fair enough I must know some cheaper bodyshops then lol
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

You could quite easily get that painted cheaply for around £100 (a replacement panel that is!) although you're talking panel off painting rather than blending, so it'd never be mint. Replacement parts and paint could be done for £200, but the question is would you want to?
It'd probably be only just worth £395 if it was mint. 1.8 N/A diesels are lethargically slow and later 1.9's are just as cheap. I personally wouldn't get a turbo diesel because I've yet to drive one and be impressed in honesty. Although the economy on that thing would probably be pretty great :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)