Anything about BXs
optimist

Post by optimist »

Hi everyone, just thought I would introduce myself and tell you about my car. Just before xmas I paid £495 for a 1991 grey meteor TGD ? with an auto box.It came with full ticket and I use it every day.Iguess the price I paid suggests I'm not a particularly rational person and I agree. I have wanted one of these beautiful cars ever since spotting a gts version sometime in the late 80's.So it will be a labour of love for me and I hope to get years out of it.My partner has has started to refer to my baby as my crime of passion. I tried to upload some pics keeping them within limits but I keep getting bounced will try again.Oh one more thing this car started life in the preston area,Ibought it from west yorkshire and I live in Oldham. I have spotted an identical meteor in chadderton and what I think is a dark green brake in the same area.This proves that once you buy something you begin to see them everywhere. More later. Optimist. 8)
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Hi Optimist.

Welcome to the club. Nice to have another northerner on board, even if you live live on the wrong side of the pennines :lol:

We have a 19TXD Auto which I really like, never mind what others think! It not as fast as a 16valve I know, but it uses a lot less fuel and doesn't brake down as often either. :lol:

Now I'll stand back and wait for the assaults. :lol:
They think it's all over, it is now!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Welcome optimist, thats a very optimistic name......ok, I'll get my coat..

Diesel auto's are ok, just slow.
As for being more reliable than a valver.....hhmm.... my fleet are all evens at the moment, not one of them has ever failed to get me home. Whats the betting I'll break down tomorrow.....
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...