Need a speedo

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
optimist

Need a speedo

Post by optimist »

Hi I bought a diesel meteor in Dec '07 with a dysfunctional speedo.After reading a few posts regarding cable problems etc. I checked the cables. grrr.Anway these seem to be in good order so it appears that the cables are not the problem.The speedo itself was stuck at 45mph and I suspect it is the unit itself that is the problem.So Iam looking for the whole assembly.as this is an auto box diesel there is no rev counter,just a nice big clock.Has anyone got this unit or could anyone point me in the right direction? I am oop north so locality is important.cheers.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I have a BRAND new speedo in a Citroen box 000000 miles :wink: if they are all the same you can have it for what it owes me which is £25, and I will post it to you for that. To be honest changing the speedo itself is not a difficult job, and you can replace all those blown dash bulbs aswell, All you need is a small screwdriver set and about a hours time.
optimist

speedo

Post by optimist »

Brilliant.It will have to wait until monday though as I liquidised my assets last night! Could you PM me with the details? cheers. My name is Sean by the way.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Yes will do, can anyone confirm if the speedos are all the same on S2 cars! Im told they are but I would rather be 100% sure before you spend your cash on it. is theer any distinguishing marks. I have fitted a 16v speedo into a 16 petrol and it worked fine.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Anyone know if the speedos are the same then?
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Yes I know!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Yes you know what lol?
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Sorry, I was being fesescious (sp)...

Ok, All speedo heads for Mk2's are the same (ish).
There are some gearing differences, and this is denoted by the number on the face of the speedo.

The long number can end 00 or 01 or 02.
00 and 01 are compatable, 02 is not compatable with any other head.

Whilst you can fit a 02 into any car, it'll read about 4mph out if the car had an 00 or 01 in it before like....
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Thanks Doc, I will have a look and see whats what.
Brian
BXpert

Post by Brian »

Interesting about the numbers.

There are also 2 manufacturers: Jaeger and Vaglia.

These are not compatable either, even if you change the whole pod, as the plugery at the rear is different..
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Ive looked at the speedo and it ends is 00. Optmist can you check what numbers yours end in, (top corner of the speedo itself) and let me know.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Optimist did you still want this mate?