Unalloyed wheelbore

Anything about BXs
toddao
BXpat

Unalloyed wheelbore

Post by toddao »

Yet another query regarding alloys! These lovelies are available on Ebay here. All the measurements seem correct for my 16v. If anyone ever wondered what 'ET' meant regarding offset - it isn't that thing that used to want to 'Phone Home' but it's from the German word Einpresstiefe ( meaning insertion depth). Anyway, the one thing I'm not sure of is the wheelbore - whether these will fit on the BXs hubs. Anyone know? Wheelbores unite!

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... :IT&ih=008

Cheers!
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Being Peugeot, they might. But also being Peugeot: don't. Style conflict time :lol: Seriously though, what model are they originally from? That'll help.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

It says they're from a 306. Not your style eh Phil? I was looking at the more classic 205 alloys but they look too big in my opinion. The proper 16v alloys that I've got have got winter tyres on them, yes I could just fit some summer tyres to them but I like to see air through my wheels in the summer! 8)
Todd

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

306 has a centre bore of 65.1 and the BX has a centre bore of 65.0. PCD and offset are both the same on BX and 306 wheels so should fit without any bother.
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Only my opinion, Todd. Actually I quite like different alloys on a BX, all I would try to do is find some with a design what has a 'squarer' feel, more angular - something that harmonises with the body design. Also the view through 'open' wheels on a BX isn't particularly flattering: no red Brembo calipers and chunky springs or nice shiny grooved discs! :lol:

It's you car, but I do believe the wheels on your lovely estate are more in keeping!
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Thanks for that Billy!

Phil, I was looking for something 'squarer' too - there were actually some aftermarket alloys made by RW for Citroen ( who also made the white Swifts that go on my estate) for the 16v but they are rare. I've seen one set for sale in two years and at that time I didn't have any need for them : very angular looking.
I like the twist in these 306 wheels - never seen it before. But, at this stage I'm not committed to anything apart from opening a beers in a few moments..
Todd

Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I found some which were part graphite with polished rim edges, so in someway echoed the graphite speedlines you see. 15" ones they were...

Let me have a look around and see if i can find the reference. They were well cool!

They were a bit like this:

http://www.bkracing.co.uk/aspbite/alloy ... .asp?ID=88
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

thjose pug rims will bolt straight on with out any issue! although you may look a little odd as the Pug symbol is part of the alloy!!

basically any 4 stud, citroen, Peugeot and ford alloy will fit the bx,
for the ford alloys you Will need spacers as they run an offsett of around the 35 mark, (adding a spacer reduces the offset number by the amount of the spacer so an et35 with a 20mm spacer will result in a et15 fitment!) the central bore is slightly smaller on the ford rims but due to the need for spacers it sint an issue and you can easily get hold of ford to cit/p[ug fit hubcentric spacers!
thanks to the land of all things Saxo and 106 topper chaving there are Masses of wheels in the correcrt fotment about!

et stands for Einpress Tieffe (german) btw!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Thats what i was thinking Marty, sand them off & then stick on some nice citroen caps.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

205GTi 1.9 wheels are quite nice too. Least I think they are!
Vauxhall apologist.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Just as I mention those 'Swifts' - some turn up on Ebay here. Not a matched set - two silver and two black (he says they are his leftovers). Nice presentation on that flowery curtain.
The seller reckons it's possible to get 195s on them - though I've only got 165s on my white ones. Fitted as standard to some special BX models, only in Germany.

http://cgi.ebay.de/14-Zoll-Alufelgen-or ... dZViewItem
Todd

Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Wow, the black ones look really cool!

You could get the lot refurbished to match (but it costs between £35 and £40 per wheel here to get that done), and probably happily stick 185's on those...

8)
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I re-sprayed my white ones myself, so I wouldn't be worried about taking these on ( though the prep was horrible). Problem is that he's only got one out of four covers ( which he says he made himself, and can be used as a pattern!) and heaven knows where you'd find those. RW of Ghent who made them, went bust in the early 90s. Here's one of mine, freshly painted before The National last year

Last edited by toddao on Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Todd

Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I imagine if you've got one cover, then you might be able to find a fabricator who'd be able to produce copies?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Philip chidlow wrote:I imagine if you've got one cover, then you might be able to find a fabricator who'd be able to produce copies?
Was going to suggest that. Perhaps a friendly local engineering firm could knock some up for you? If so may be worth getting a couple of spares or even another set. Lovely looking wheels and whilst I agree the black ones look better the white ones look fantastic.
Vauxhall apologist.