Is there any hope for my paint?

Anything about BXs
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I've just used four stages of Meguaires (clay bar, paint cleaner, polish and wax) and washed the car twice in between on a Micra I bought yesterday. Came up a bloody treat. Colour Magic is good stuff which is easy to apply/wipe off but the shine doesn't last long at all. Electric buffers can be shite tbh, cheap eBay ones and the like leave swirl marks and the types sold by Halfords are complete toss.
Vauxhall apologist.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Halfrauds used to sell a clay bar on its own (I got one or two in a sale), and they do work a treat for big tarry spots, as well as cleaning other areas well. I've even used them on carefully selected interior trim items.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I had mine painted as no matter what I did it wouldnt get the shine back.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

DLM wrote:Halfrauds used to sell a clay bar on its own (I got one or two in a sale), and they do work a treat for big tarry spots, as well as cleaning other areas well. I've even used them on carefully selected interior trim items.
I didn't know Halfords did there own. I've used the Meguairs ones with pretty good effect but they aren't cheap.
Incidentally my neighbour gave me some professional interior cleaner the other day to try out and it was fantastic stuff. The (cloth) seats on one of my cars were quite dirty and no amount of spray upholstery cleaner did much to shift it. Got the stuff off the neighbour, wet a clean cloth with it and you should have seen the crap it took off the seats, made a blinding job of it.
Can't remember the name but will find out and post it up, I think he bought it from Brown Brothers.
Vauxhall apologist.