New alloys.....wheeee.....

Anything about BXs
Oscar
1K Away

New alloys.....wheeee.....

Post by Oscar »

Well, thanks to Vanny, Marty and Martin off the 16v site, I now have the new alloys on the car. I put them on as soon as I picked them up, but I've been in Moscow for work so today was the first time I've taken them out - along the road to Gatwick to pick up SWMBO who had been in Siberia for a week.

They're great, they've sorted out the "pulling to the left" problem, they make the car more stable, easier to manouvre, faster I think, certainly can gun it a bit going into roundabouts. I hasten to add I'm not usually a boy racer, but wanted to see what the difference was.

Bad points - slightly noisier, a bit more steering wheel judder at 80mph, although both these could be road surface

I wasn't expecting to notice such a big difference, to be honest. They always appealed because they look better than the plastic wheeltrims. I didn't buy them so that I could be one step closer to chavdom. But they do make the driving easier and more enjoyable.

Martin has a very tidy 16v btw, in great nick and well looked after. He let me sit in the driver's seat, and now I want a set of 16v/GTI seats, lovely and comfortable.

Well, after all the to-ing and fro-ing and buying and selling, I hope we're all sorted now. Vanny and I have alloys, Marty has his £25, everyone's happy. We sold the same wheels backwards and forwards to each other without actually moving them around the country. The Enron business model. An economist would say we've been involved in £75 worth of trade, and our share price would go up. A normal person would say we're a bunch of sad borderline obsessives with delusions of engineering grandeur.....

Long may it continue!
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Congratulations ! Oscar they do make them feel and look a lot better dont they, Just rapidly fitted my leather interior (Thanks Ian) looks seriously cool (well cold actually :) ) just popping out for a slide around :D
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Glad you like it Stewart.
Over and out from me
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

I agree oscar they do make a big difference i noticed that when i fitted 16V alloys to mine what a difference and you just live with the bit of an increase in road noise but the grip is amazing. :D
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

I've said it before and I'll say it again.......

1991 Landrover Discovery
1995 VW Golf SE
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Mr B

In the absence of pics, let me describe it to you:

It's a red BX.

It has phase 1 alloys.

Can you tell what it is yet? :D (with apologies to Rolf Harris)

But I do feel the need for a flashy digital camera, oh yes....
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"