PLATES!

Anything about BXs
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Would lik the pressed steel type but couldnt alter with the numbers to make it look like C1T BX (C7T BX)
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

looked at 71MMO but it was £8k and T1MMY went for £82k at an auction a few years back! I did look at them quite seriously for a while but if my cra was an H plate hesame plate but H instead of G would be £200 cheaper! so Gave up!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Pays to shop around though. I want a plate with VXD on it (for my junior football team). One plate company wanted £300 more for exactly the same plate than another one did!
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Oi cavmad I drive a GOLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
M

Post by M »

I want a set of French plates making up for the Xantia (currently very ill).

Seems I will have to go to France then......
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

tim leech wrote:Oi cavmad I drive a GOLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know, that`s how I realised why you don`t like BX estates, it`s a style thing :lol:
Ps-shouldn`t you substitute `drive` for push? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Lol it s a GT tdi 130 trust me I dont need to push!
And its free!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I know a bit about them, my mate had one and he`s still kicking about in an old Mk2 GTi (petrol) and 1.9 n/a estate-which`ll be up for sale soon if you know anyone who may be interested.
He used to slag Vauxhalls off all the while until my standard Mk3 SRi Cav (8V) wiped the floor with his GT TDi and his GTi.
Vauxhall apologist.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

It's the question on so many minds, so i'll ask it,

How in the name of all that is motoring can you have a 'Gran Touring' DIESEL?????

I mean, im all for a diesel, im all for a fast diesel, infact im all for building a diesel BX that beats the 16v BX, BUT Gran Touring has a certain prestige about it, a certain elegance its a type of car that pushes some sort of boundary. Okay fine so most petrols have a GTi badge on them, but that means domething totally different (at least in my eyes), and you could pehaps get away with GTD (though it might start to sound like Castrol motor oil), But why would any manufacturer build a car thats a respectable TDi and slap GT in front of it?

The mind boggles, but i imagine it paves the way for every petrol driven GTi to come and walk all over it!

VW should just educate people about how much better a diesel is than stick GT on the back of it and hope it wont get laughed at!
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

You could get a mk2 Golf GTD

1.6 Turbo Diesel.
Over and out from me
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

What's Grand Touring about a BX GTi 16v? 80mph with 4000rpm is not what you want for Grand Touring!

My favourite diesels are the performance Fords. ST Diesels. Didn't think that one through did they?!

Ian
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

OK I'm biased but I think 80mph at barely 3500 rpm is more comfortable (BX GTI auto) but it's not untill you've settled at 85mph at 2750 rpm (our old 'S; Class Merc) and it's the windnoise that's the most noticeable sound. That's touring - and pretty grand. Trouble is at 18 mpg it's less than totally relaxing!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

80 mph at 2600 rpm 6 speed golf avergae 42mpg!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Ok then smartie pants. What mpg is the SD1 doing at 80mph?

Used to have a P6B which I worshipped and miss a great deal. Apart from the mpg! Once managed 26mpg on a long trip...

Plate trivia (to try and get back on topic!) - the number plate 2 CV is on a bloomin' Volvo estate! I've seen NOB 50X on a Montego...

Ian
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I've seen (honest) PEN 15 on a BMW (what else?) outside LWT in London (where else?) O:)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v