red Bx estate2.1 d12 in progressss (Romania)

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
Jeth
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Jeth »

I used to have Xsara VTS rims on my BX, not too bad imo

Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Not normally a fan, but I have to say, rather nice... 8) Nice valver BTW. Not sure if the Xsara VTS had the same wheels over here in the UK: maybe I'm getting it mixed up with a lesser Xsara?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

@philip , jeth car is a 1.7 td with 16 valve body kit :D , and yes i never saw that alloys on xsara .. :roll: but they look good

but i think a pair of those painted white ... wold look 8) (it`s a matter of taste but i like the red/white combination :D )

Citroen BX Estate turbo d12
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

santa claus is here earlier :D

i`m still searching for front brake calipers(xantia ones)
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

the new discs are instaled :D o happy day 8) i will put photos tonight
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

sry about the dirt ... but it`s raining and it`s hard to keep it very very clean ...
changed them all by myself :)
Jeth
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Jeth »

From the last picture.. you seem to have "original" exhaust? Why not put 2.5" exhaust pipe ;) You'll get turbo in a little earlier, and nice sound is a plus :D
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

what do you mean ... ? the system had 3 (i don`t know how to say.... in the exhaust system) now it only has the back one, 60 mm is the pipe stainless ,when i have money i will go with 70mm pipes, it sounds good for now ! what i really need is an airfilter , because i now have the original bx 1.9 d and I think it needs some air :roll:
jeth ... i wanted to ask .. what`s your speed at 4300 rpm in 5th gear and in 4th? i`m asking because i`m searching for some gearboxes for me... i don`t really know the ratios.. and with what to start
and the other question i will post it in your thread :D :twisted:
Jeth
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Jeth »

I don't know my speed, my rev gauge isn't working.. But I can tell you this much, it ran 180km/h (near top speed i think) and headgasket blew up (at 1.3bar)
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

some pics from this summer :twisted:

(i hope my father doesn`t mind the picture .. but well i learn a lot by working with him so... ^^ ^^ )
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

this is how it looks now !
drunk
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

well ... hellou again , the car moves great ... the only problem was that the water pump .. was .. naughty .. it leaked from time to time ... so it was time for a new one .. with the new water pump came the new belt , and the surprise was ... Image , the problem was solved by merging the bx mount .. with the xm one .. i don`t have a picture... but it works now great .. and it sits 5mm higher now .. and i also fitted some 17cm speakers in the back ... with some modifications .. because the previous owner (morron if I may say ..) cut the plastic to fit some rubbish speakers :(
the old water pump!

mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

slow motion with the bx :D
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

hello to all , just finished this today ... a full day of work .. cutting and chopppinng , then painting
from this:
to this:

6mm isn`t much .. but with de 205 tyres .. touched in the interior when at full right or left ! so it clears now , also more space for the new brakes that will come (xantia 2 ones) , and it looks just a little bit nicer now :D or maybe that`s just me .. loving my car even more
M

Post by M »

Dont know about anyone else, but I am IMPRESSED - nice work. 8)