Scrap attack!

Anything about BXs
M

Post by M »

Can of easi-start, fresh petrol and a very big battery will probably get it going. would be fun to keep, but chances are you can turn a nice proffit by just rubbing a cloth over it and selling it on the bay. No end of fun though - there was one in Retro Rides mag with something uttrly bonkers under the bonnet (3.5 V8 i think).
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Been on a MM forum (very helpful place) and have been advised on how best to try and start it. I asked if I should pour a little oil down plug holes first and someone suggested Redex and leave it to soak in for a day or so, then whizz carb off and points etc off and clean up, change oil and filter, fresh fuel and turn over with starting handle and plugs out. I'm not entirely sure when it last ran but would guess about six years ago now.
Fiat twin cam engines used to be the mod to have but I'd imagine finding an engine now would be bloody difficult on it's own!
I have some ideas for it but will see what happens before I commit.
Vauxhall apologist.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

mike st gilles wrote:£100 for the ferry...............Norfolk line for £27 return
Not bad, I know that you can get some good deals - Norfolkline tend to be the cheapest but the best I can get for this time of year for the van is about £80 (obviously more in summer).
Mind you I could fit a fair bit in the estate once that's back on the road, and I do have a tent...

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

OT by a mile, but I have a large metal roof rack that came off a BX. Heavy duty. Just needs roof bars to fit to and a set of four fairly standard nuts and bolts.

And a hammer to bend the attachment brackets to make a snug fit :lol: It'd be good for piling a few body panels onto...

Free to anyone who wants to collect.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
BX19GTI1988
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BX19GTI1988 »

just a few little things about the citroen visa : the model seen at the scrapyard is really a visa 2 , restyled model by heuliez for the " year model " 1981 , the dashboard only changed for the "year model " 1985 ! :wink:
RichardW
BXpert

Post by RichardW »

toddao wrote:
A few more pictures from Wednesday :

I've got one of those in my garage.... and I learnt to drive in one! The original Mk1 Visa was pig ugly at the front, and only lasted a couple of years. As said the dash was carried over into the MK2, but not replaced (with boring old stalks and round dials!) till about '85.

When I bought the Visa in 2001 I took it to an exhaust place and the young fitter jumped in to put it on the ramps - and visably took a second look at the dash and shook his head.

PRN - got to love it!!!
I NEED a BX TD.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

I have fond memories of the very 70s beige Mk1 Visa Club my father used to drive. I have been seeing a few early Visas still on the road in the last couple of days spent in the Mayenne and while driving to it from Paris.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

cavmad wrote:Been on a MM forum (very helpful place) and have been advised on how best to try and start it. I asked if I should pour a little oil down plug holes first and someone suggested Redex and leave it to soak in for a day or so, then whizz carb off and points etc off and clean up, change oil and filter, fresh fuel and turn over with starting handle and plugs out. I'm not entirely sure when it last ran but would guess about six years ago now.
Fiat twin cam engines used to be the mod to have but I'd imagine finding an engine now would be bloody difficult on it's own!
I have some ideas for it but will see what happens before I commit.
Rape a Fiat Coupe? :twisted: Got to be more plentiful than the earlier stuff, but I've read its basically the same old twincam engine under all the electrical trickery and modern gizmos.

Mark.
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

mnde wrote:Rape a Fiat Coupe? :twisted:
It wouldn't be a crime... the only decent ones have 20 valves and a turbo :wink: