AlanS (Alan Smith)

Anything about BXs
demag
BXpert

Post by demag »

Admin I see you altered the heading at the top of each page.

That is a nice thought.
Dave.

2004 C5 Exclusive Estate 2.2hdi automatic.
1990 Bx TGS automatic.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Sincere condolences to Alan's family and friends, his postings will continue to provide inspiration for BXers in need.
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

It's been about a year since I last logged in, and at that time it was to announce Leo's birth. Alan kindly congratulated us. Leo is now a year old, and Alan is no longer with us. Such is life. Alan left a huge legacy of knowledge, encouragement and goodwill. He touched many people and his contributions were offered in the best spirit of selflessly helping others. There was little reward to him for the time and effort he put into posting and moderating these forums, other than the satisfaction of helping people and sharing his hard-won knowledge. His humour and positive outlook on life, his pride in his work and in his family, were all evident from what and how he wrote.

He'll be hugely missed.
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
BX596
BXpert

Post by BX596 »

Sorry I've been away so long and only just found out "the news".RIP,Alan.
Can't think of owt else to add.Sorry mate.