ALERT MK1 diesel with low mileage

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

There's some joker driving around Germany with an English spec right hand drive Audi with German plates and everytime he gets photographed speeding, the camera captures some huge muppet soft toy he's put in the passenger seat where the driver should be. The driver has to be clearly pictured for the police to prosecute, number plate is not enough!

I agree that this early diesel must be saved - a true practical classic at a bargain price!
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

i could'nt sell my lhd BX anymore! become too attached to her,driven her many miles in Europe, a real joy to drive!
i did let a friend borrow her,he had a minor in the passenger seat,a police car coming the other way saw the minor, persumed he was driving, turned around and stopped them! its the small things in life!!
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

ren16tx wrote:i could'nt sell my lhd BX anymore! become too attached to her,
Sure about that?
*wafts a wad of used tenners under chris's nose*
this might be a signature
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

uumm new mot, taxed, rust free shell, rare alloy wheels,full recent service, new cambelt ect (before going to Rome) good spheres, how much ££ to prise out of my hands????!!!
just spoken to owner of bx rd, has 22 watches, the fear is someone will buy for her engine (i've named her Pippa already!)which would be a disaster! the idea would be to A frame it back,
im doing well talking myself out of her!!
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

ren16tx wrote:the idea would be to A frame it back,
Have you got one of these? I know someone who has, and could A-frame it up to you...

What sort of figure would be your starting point on the left-hooker?
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

thanks, but a friend has an A frame,and has said he's happy to tow it (especialy as i sold him my mk1 bx 19gt after stratford!)
my italian bx, i don't know,have to be a good offer! even then im not sure i could sell!! uummmmmm
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

if i was to sell my italian BX, i'd want around the £550 mark for her,its not worth me selling her for less than that,as she's so cheap to run! she would soon earn your money back!! a spare front bumper (bought from france!) and spare front wings,would be included,and with a new MOT,she'd have to be looked after!!
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

ren16tx wrote:she would soon earn your money back
Given my current motoring costs, it wouldn't actually make any difference at all! Still, I am very interested. Have to have a chat about this at some point.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Who has the GT now Chris and why isnt he on here? :D
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

Hi tim, Reg from Salisbury owns the GT now, he took a mint Visa Leader to stratford, a ccc member, loves the GT, will plug him to join forum!
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

DavidRutherford wrote:
ren16tx wrote:the idea would be to A frame it back,
Have you got one of these? I know someone who has, and could A-frame it up to you...
Just in case you weren't aware that I own one, I was in fact referring to myself with this post... in that the car in question in the OP isn't massively far from me, and I could bring it up to you.
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

After alot of thought, and money issue's, i've decided not to go ahead wth this BX,much as i would love it, i just have too many other project cars i need to sort out!
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

the car was back on ebay,but was not on the internet when the auction finished, but i did text the owner and said i would have it! to get a text back to say its been bidded on!!
does anyone know who bought the bx???