The car is the star

Anything about BXs
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

We should start an Air Crash Investigation thread! :lol: Even my girlfriend loves watching them!

Saw the Los Rodeos one the other day, and there was that Lockerbie special the other day. Haven't seen the Concorde one yet.

One I'm really trying to find again is the early Comet one. Saw it a year or two ago and it doesn't seem to have been repeated yet. Best aviation program recently was the one that tracked the Vulcan to the sky project though. It was screened just after it's first test flight. Awesome stuff!
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Aerodynamica wrote:......Wonder why so many of us find this an interesting subject.
Good question. To me there's a certain amount of awe in what an aircraft achieves. To actually imagine it 33K feet up in the air travelling 500mph is mind boggling. Then you consider the Concorde - what an awesome machine. Then you think about spacecraft - wouldn't you just love to touch the nose cone of the space shuttle after it's landed (and cooled) just to get some 'space dust' on your fingers. Then, when you consider that our sun in one of over a hundred thousand in our galaxy - The Milky Way, and that there are millions of galaxies... it's just too big!
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

BX Bandit wrote:Then, when you consider that our sun in one of over a hundred thousand in our galaxy - The Milky Way, and that there are millions of galaxies... it's just too big!
Gosh Bandit, you're getting almost philosophical tonight! :wink: You'll be moving on to the meaning of life next? :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

The meaning of life is easy.
There is no meaning.
All thought is futile and nonsensical given that all thoughts originate in the brain, which is flawed, as we are all just atoms really...

Anyway, yeah, I think air accidents are fascinating in the same way all acidents are interesting, everyone has a bit of a tint of interest in crashes and the such, thats why there's so many rubber neckers on the motorway.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Here's a little something that we made in its entirity, starting at 4pm on Thursday afternoon and finishing 12 hours later in the early hours of yesterday. A good exercise in making something from nothing, quickly and finishing it though the booze levels were high by the end.
It's not meant to be professional - more a quick diary entry enabled by the new technology. And yes, continuing the inspiration of Max, it features a BX and that famous hound actor Pelops that some of you will have met..

Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
sjbx

Post by sjbx »

just sat through the vid. V good. Great music after a red or 2! Reminds me of the Seekers stuff. Looks very cold.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Nothing wrong with high finishing booze levels mate! This is just rediculous tho'......I'm gonna have to write me a them toon, sing the theme toon.......de dum der de dum dum........
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

sjbx wrote
Looks very cold.
yes, bloody freezing -12 by day and lower that night, hence the Spanish incantation to try to warm things up. Glad you liked it sjbx and welcome along by the way!

Bandit, you're becoming more poetic by the minute and I loves it! :D
Todd

MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

I dont know if anyone has noticed, but sjbx has come from the future :lol:

Christ, i must be tired, it says 2008, what a twonk (me that is) :oops: :lol:
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

Thats a beautiful song! Is that some flamenco luna sample or did you do that yourself? Very nice. Is it your guitar playing too? I've got to get over there and lend some ivories. Lovely lanscapes too. I could do with a bit of that brisk wide open. Well done on the vid. 8)
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Thanks Max! We played everything ourselves - no samples in this one apart from the bass and percussion 'plug-ins' played on the keyboard. I play the Spanish guitar, Dom plays the keys. Hand-claps and Spanish style chanting together. You're always welcome - there's a Ryanair flight from Dublin to a little shed of an airport down here..
Todd

DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

lots of people wrote:Interest in Air crash investigations
Go to this bloke's rather good website, and start downloading every episode ever made.

I have them all. They're all rather good. The "seconds from disaster" versions are a bit over-dramatised, but the interesting information is still there.
this might be a signature
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

All thought is futile
Doc, but if you believed that then you wouldn't find air crashes interesting no?

Hello by the way, sounds like you must have done a good job on Robin's 4x4 , he's chuffed to bits with it.

i thought there are more than 100000 sun-like stars in our galaxy?

yeah millions of galaxies... in a galaxy super-cluster... then there are millions of those!

Its fractal man. Thats a good user name.. don't nick it i might use it.
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

Todd, Really nice guitar playing. I'm really into flamenco stylings. I love cross rhythm flamenco handclapping too, really want to do something with that sometime.

do you know this guy.. Ferenc Snetberger? amazing drummer Paolo Vinaccia does a flamenco hand clapping solo half way through this vid..

You're always welcome - there's a Ryanair flight from Dublin to a little shed of an airport down here..
What's the shed airport?, I'm there! A weekend away could be just the ticket.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Max wrote
do you know this guy.. Ferenc Snetberger?

just checked it out - that guy can play! I never play Flamingo music usually, I don't even have a nylon string guitar but we were trying to get that Cafe Del Mar 90s sunset vibe and there was a Spanish guitar lying around in the studio so I bodged a few phrases in the style of..

The shed of an airport is called Friedrichshafen though when I flew to London the other week I noticed they've built some more sheds. Friedrichshafen is a light engineering centre as well as the birthplace and home of The Zeppelin - the balloon one not the Led one!
Also near by is Uberlingen which, tying in with the air disaster vibe, was where that passenger jet with all those Russian kids on collided with a cargo plane and came down there. One of the parents later went and stabbed the over- worked Zürich flight controller who had made the mistake of putting the two planes on the same course.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll have a pleasant flight Max if you decide to come and visit. Send us a P.M and I'll polish up the Joanna :D
Todd