Citroen Xantia 1.9 td Saloon 96' N only 83000 miles

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
talbotsteve
Confirmed BX'er

Citroen Xantia 1.9 td Saloon 96' N only 83000 miles

Post by talbotsteve »

Due to getting myself a newer BX (YAY!!) I have forsale my blue Xantia turbo diesel saloon. It is low mileage at only 83000 miles, has 4 good tyres, a recent new back box, new rear wheel bearing, 4 months tax and test, i have loads of old bills including one for the cambelt.... £750ono
Has a couple of car park dings, and a dent above the rear door where a roof bar has been over tightened......
Will put up picks later...
talbotsteve
Confirmed BX'er

Post by talbotsteve »

£500????? up for tuesday.....
talbotsteve
Confirmed BX'er

Post by talbotsteve »

Here are pics as promised, there are pics of the small dent on the rear door and of the dent in the roof above the rear passenger side door. It is sat now on my old BX tzd wheels and trims as these have excellent tyres, i do still have the xantia wheels and trims if wanted.
talbotsteve
Confirmed BX'er

Post by talbotsteve »

Up again, £500!!!!! come on folks thats a bargain for an 83,000 96 td :D
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Not my thing really mate. But the BX Z trims must add something to it's value surely?
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

Aye a few months ago I would have likely taken you up on it, but not just now. Surely it would get £500 on the bay of evil?
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Father Ted wrote:Aye a few months ago I would have likely taken you up on it, but not just now. Surely it would get £500 on the bay of evil?
Gotta agree with you on that one Marty, £500 for a low miles disiesel in good nick isnt big money, I think the wheels and trims dont do much for the Xantia., they look too small! Stick the original wheels on, give it a good clean and polish, take them stickers off :wink: and whack it on the bay and you may be surprised.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
talbotsteve
Confirmed BX'er

Post by talbotsteve »

Thing with the xantia tyres is.....they are a wee bit on the illegal side :oops: At least these bx tyres are in very good order... :D
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

talbotsteve wrote:Thing with the xantia tyres is.....they are a wee bit on the illegal side :oops: At least these bx tyres are in very good order... :D
:wink: ahh okidokes, will the xantia trims fit on them wheels? just think you could probably get £30 for those BX ones.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
talbotsteve
Confirmed BX'er

Post by talbotsteve »

No one?? not even £400???? might have to sell the bx if i can't get rid of this :cry:
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

I know someone who would probably be very interested in this.

Questions:
When was the timing belt/water pump last changed?
How often has it been serviced (oil and filter etc)
How well does it run? Is it an instant start, no smoke in the morning?
How are the rear arm bearings?
What are the expiry dates of the tax and ticket?
... and anything else worth mentioning?

Thanks.
this might be a signature
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Also... what size tyres should it be running on? I would indeed want the Xantia wheels, as it ought to be running on the correct tyres.
this might be a signature
talbotsteve
Confirmed BX'er

Post by talbotsteve »

DavidRutherford wrote:I know someone who would probably be very interested in this.

Questions:
When was the timing belt/water pump last changed?
How often has it been serviced (oil and filter etc)
How well does it run? Is it an instant start, no smoke in the morning?
How are the rear arm bearings?
What are the expiry dates of the tax and ticket?
... and anything else worth mentioning?

Thanks.
Hi Cam belt was changed on the 5/03/07 at about 55000 miles.

I changed the oil about 4 months ago but have not used the car in the last month due to having the BX.

It runs and starts very well with no smoke, the starter does sound a little lazy but has only let me down once due to a corroded connector which i replaced, fine ever since.

There are no noises from the rear arm bearings and the wheels are straight and true, nothing leads me to suspect otherwise.

The tax is up at the end of July and the MOT runs out on the 13 of august.

And the tyre sizes should be 185/65/15.

Anything else you need to know please ask,

Cheers Steve
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

DavidRutherford wrote:Also... what size tyres should it be running on? I would indeed want the Xantia wheels, as it ought to be running on the correct tyres.
I'm about to break my Xantia, which has 4 wheels with the correct tyres and plenty of tread if you're interested?
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

...they also have Xantia trims; be more than happy to swap for the BX wheels and trims...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski