WANTED YESTERDAY

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
citronut
Over 2k

WANTED YESTERDAY

Post by citronut »

this is for Andy's TZD in bits in my workshop (well not quite as many bits as it was last week ),

does any one have for an L reg TZD the coolant bypass hose/pipe that goes from the bottom of the header tank to the thermostat by pass spout on the thermostat housing and another branch to the O/S top corner of the rad,

OE part No. and price

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
96151969 WATER PIPE 34.12 GBP 40.94 GBP 40.94 GBP
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

ps.

just check with dealer and that part No. there has bin a No. change to,

and gazumped price to boot,

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
96020099 WTR OUTLET HOSE 62.75 GBP 75.30 GBP 75.30 GBP

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
RxBX
Over 2k

Re: WANTED YESTERDAY

Post by RxBX »

citronut wrote:this is for Andy's TZD in bits in my workshop (well not quite as many bits as it was last week ),

does any one have for an L reg TZD the coolant bypass hose/pipe that goes from the bottom of the header tank to the thermostat by pass spout on the thermostat housing and another branch to the O/S top corner of the rad,

OE part No. and price

Hi Malcolm,
I take its item #4 and #5 in the image below ?

I'll have a look in the garage later today (if I get time), to see if I've got one or both (If I get any joy, I'll PM you later) but they would be used ones as I definitely don't have any new ones of those if that's what you were really after ?

But I do have a new braided water hose for a BX/TD available if you need it, I'm not sure what the part No. is (It's Possibly #7 /\ ) but IIRC its the one which goes from the back of the block and across to the feed into the heater/matrix!

There's also a water hose on E-BAY now which from the description appears to be #5 /\ , Citroen part # 1307J5 if your needing ones of those !

PM if I can be of help !

:)

citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

thanks for the reply and image,

it is just No. 5 we were after,
but the urgentsy has passed for the time being,

although i think Andy will still be interested in a new or good S/H pipe at some point,

as i spent a bit of time on the original one,

we cut it about half way along to find it blocked solid so cut a few more bits off then poked a screw driver through it as far as we could, eventually managed to clear it, then re/joined it with small boar copper tube,
bunged it all back together and managed to bleed the system and run her up to temperature,

run it now with coolant flush and will drain it down again tomorow, then fill it agaimg with coolant/antifreeze,

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
themildbunch
BXpert

Re: WANTED YESTERDAY

Post by themildbunch »

RxBX wrote:
citronut wrote:this is for Andy's TZD in bits in my workshop (well not quite as many bits as it was last week ),

OE part No. and price

Hi Malcolm,
I take its item #4 and #5 in the image below ?

I'll have a look in the garage later today (if I get time), to see if I've got one or both (If I get any joy, I'll PM you later) but they would be used ones as I definitely don't have any new ones of those if that's what you were really after ?

But I do have a new braided water hose for a BX/TD available if you need it, I'm not sure what the part No. is (It's Possibly #7 /\ ) but IIRC its the one which goes from the back of the block and across to the feed into the heater/matrix!

There's also a water hose on E-BAY now which from the description appears to be #5 /\ , Citroën part # 1307J5 if your needing ones of those !

PM if I can be of help !

:)

Hi Richard

That's the very hose I need to change fairly urgently on my TD as it's dripping... I have a s/h one that should be OK but a new one would be better...Could you PM me if it's still available?

Adrian
1988 BX 19 Gti 16v
1991 BX 17 TZD Estate
1991 BX 17 TZD Estate
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

bear in moind No.5 in said picture has 2 possibilities depending on what year the car is. The hose to the stat housing is different on cars with the top hat fuel filter.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

the original part/No. 96151969 £40.84 had a part No. change and is now 96020099 £75,

the first/original one is as you say Doc the one for top hat type fuel filter thermostat housing,

but it has changed so now they only supply one type to fits all variations,

my dealer say's he can still get the second part No. but its not a stock item and will take about a week for delivery,

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

well the little darling has now sprung a leak which appears the be spraying towards the end of the block from the metal pipe over the gear box,

and behind its mounting bracket,

if i remember correctly this pipe is a oribl job to remove so i can get a better look at it,

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
Oilyspanner
BXpert

Post by Oilyspanner »

Nasty job replacing the steel pipe, it runs behind the manifolds/turbo.
The beatings will continue until morale improves
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

well it turned out to be a bolt was missing from the water jacket blanking plate on the gear box end of the block, just below the metal pipe,

it must have been missing for a while as there is a brown stain running down the block,

luky i found it before going into removing the metal pipe

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
Oilyspanner
BXpert

Post by Oilyspanner »

Lucky escape there :)
The beatings will continue until morale improves