Help Needed - Rear 4x4 Wheel Bearing(s) Wanted

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
David
BXpert

Help Needed - Rear 4x4 Wheel Bearing(s) Wanted

Post by David »

Hi All,

As the title states, I need some help finding some REAR 4x4 wheel bearings.

Everyone that I've dealt with so far haven't been extremely helpful, besides one person that got me a full VIN number for a scrap 4x4 BX, but they couldn't get me a correct bearing. All of my usual parts suppliers haven't got anything either.

On one page that I saw, it suggested that they're the same as the 2wd front bearings, but surely this can't be possible, as the CV joints are bigger on the rear drive shafts, so surely the bearing would be too? Although I could be, and hope that I am, wrong.

I believe that they're exactly the same bearings that are fitted on the Peugeot 405 4x4, and I've found one listed on ebay, but the seller insists that it won't fit. I've sent them a couple of messages & they've given the same generic response each time, so I don't even think that they bothered to check.

Can anyone confirm if they're the same or not? - The outer CV joints are the same &, asides from the axle being wider, they're identical, so I think that the 405 bearings will fit.

Here's the URL of the bearings that I think will fit: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124134994181 ... SwNaxegXog Can anyone with a parts lookup tool check?

This is one part number that I got for a bearing, it was listed under the VIN for the scrap 4x4, but it's for a 2wd, so it's wrong. I'll just list it to rule it out. Qdrive 628 54 5101.

Even a correct part number may help. My local Citroën dealer has closed down, so I can't even ask them.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
1992 Citroën BX 1.9 Diesel Meteor 4x4 - The Project.

1992 Citroën BX 1.9 TXD (with GTI engine; Mulleys old car) - Parts car.

2004 Citroën Xsara Desire. (Now gone).

2016 Ford Focus Zetec - Daily Driver. (Absolute bone shaker).
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Re: Help Needed - Rear 4x4 Wheel Bearing(s) Wanted

Post by Jaba »

I have a feeling that the 405 setup is a bit different to the BX and I have no idea what the correct p/no is but this looks like what you want: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402192427158 ... c-maincntr

Chris on here has access to Citpart numbers but seems to have disappeared perhaps due to his move back to the UK.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Citroen part number is showing as E268403 which seems very common going by a quick Google

http://www.catcar.info/citroen/?lang=en ... BwbGllcj09
David
BXpert

Post by David »

Hi All, Just a quick update on these bearings.

I have some great news. It turns out that the 4x4 rear wheel bearings are exactly the same as the front wheel bearings. They're also the same as one of the Berlingo vans front bearings.

It turns out that Citroen issued the bearings with different part numbers, but they're a standard fitment & the same bearing. I'll post the part numbers & measurements when I have them to hand for future reference.

I've also discovered that the 4x4 uses the same wheel hubs on all 4 wheels & the outer CV joints are all the same on all 4 wheels too. The only difference is if they have ABS rings fitted or not.
1992 Citroën BX 1.9 Diesel Meteor 4x4 - The Project.

1992 Citroën BX 1.9 TXD (with GTI engine; Mulleys old car) - Parts car.

2004 Citroën Xsara Desire. (Now gone).

2016 Ford Focus Zetec - Daily Driver. (Absolute bone shaker).