WANTED Dash top panel?

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

WANTED Dash top panel?

Post by Vanny »

Fitting of aircon has commenced and i'm flying along, however, the top section of the dash (where the air blows through from the blower unit) has a crack through it! Rather annoying to me and i just wondered if anyone has a top section in sound condition that they can get to Liverpool in the next few days?

Not a lot to ask i know! But would save me taking it out again at a later date!
bernie
Likes welding rusty Fiats.

Post by bernie »

Vanny the top section is in fact part of the whole dash panel and is not available seperatly :shock:
Just the 0 BX
1 TZD Turbo a/c going going GONE
1 TD Hurricane being broken up for spares
3 FIAT 124 Sports!!!
1 FIAT 124 Spider ex. California
Oh and I nearly forgot
A LOVELY XANTIA HDI EXCLUSIVE ESTATE
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

My 16v is the same but looks a right pain to change and some wally fitted a phone kit then bunged the holes with black screws which looks a mess!
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Getting the dash out isnt too hard at all Tim, took me about an hour the other day! Its only held in with 6 bolts (one in each foot well, two in the scuttle and two by the steering rack), tricky bit is taking everything off first to include console, steering wheel, radio, blower controls, glove box, indicator stalks, mirror controllers, courtesy light controller and a few other odds and sods, then cut all the jubilee clips that hold the wires together and pull her out!

At this point it pretty easy to remove the whole blower unit!

I've had a reprieve though, jolly good clean and it seems to be a slight scratch and not a crack so not to worry. Having had a closer inspection the top panel is plastic welded to the dash so not too much chance of that coming off :(
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Sounds like far too much hassle to me plus of course you will get the obligitary squeak when its all back together!

I can live it with it for now