Mk1 BX 19RD Estate RHD! A new home

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Getting there mate, you will have wheel-trims and be polishing it next....
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

I meant to say about wheel trims at the Xrally ,

god knows what your car is meant to have Ian but I have a set of spare ones from my meteor if you want them ,

dont want anything for them except postage ( unless the BX courier service reaches your parts

same as these

1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
saintjamesy89
1K Away
My Cars: 1985 Citroen BX19 GT
198x Citroen BX16 TRS auto
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
1991 Saab 900 16v convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Post by saintjamesy89 »

IIRC RE, RD and RS models had No.6 here;

I'm not a Saint, or a James, but a Tom Saint-James!

Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
2006 Lexus RX 400h SE hybrid
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Aye. I've got LOADS of wheel trims. Number 6 and Number 3. I worry about them falling off though, so hadn't bothered fitting them. I've also got Peugeot wheels on the front end at the moment, though I think the tyres are a bit hard (they were a freebie from some kind soul on this forum so I'm not complaining!) so I will put new tyres on the correct pair of wheels at some point. As funds allow!
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

no worrys Ian
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

I have a set of correct Mk1 Wheel trims for it if required.....
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Maybe one day Tim! Not much point fitting the correct trims at the moment given the overall shambolic state. I will endeavour to get some trims fitted before ICCCCCCR though.
Willy
BXpert

Post by Willy »

saintjamesy89 wrote:IIRC RE, RD and RS models had No.6 here;

Did you work that out because the picture has "und R-modelle" written beneath it? :P
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Mk1 R and TR models had no "3", which is what was on the DTR before it gained the alloys.
Last edited by Tim Leech on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

As an aside. The Maverick is in my garage at the moment because it's raining so much and I needed to work on it. That means the BX is sitting outside. I'm pleased to report that the Mothman-supplied replacement driver's door seal does indeed seem to have stopped water pouring into the rear wheelarch (it was gushing in near the front seatbelt lower mount).

The back of the car is still full of stuff (including a door...) so I haven't yet been able to check under the rear seat. It was getting very wet in that area.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Bizarrely I'm the opposite - if I have a car in the garage and I need to work on another, I'll generally choose to work in the rain. Two reasons; I find it a bit claustrophobic working in our garage, and if I shift the dry car out into the rain I'll have a choice between putting it away wet, or leaving it in the rain for weeks. So far not stopped raining (during waking hours at least) since Sunday :(

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

As I've got no lighting in the garage at the moment, I can understand that. Just struggled to work in the darkness!

The BX is back inside now though. One leak may be cured, but there's still water coming in from various other locations.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Frustrating day. Mr Fenwick kindly lobbed another accumulator onto the BX. No change. Tick time still 5 seconds at best. Oh well. At least it looks like I've got two good accumulator spheres!

Changed the driver's door. Had an absolute nightmare with the lock linkages, and the window fell off its runners at one point when testing. Got there in the end (the proper hinge pin tool really does make life easier!) btu when I got back home, found the internal handle wouldn't operate the lock. Grrrr!

Steering issue seems to be getting worse and various bearings are getting noisy - though I suspect this has more to do with the new, air-leak free window seal allowing me to actually hear them rather than any sudden onset. My feeling is that one front wheel bearing and possibly the alternator bearing are making more noise than they should.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Starting to think it's time to move this one on. It's a great project, and I will always be very glad to have played a part in saving it, but I'd just like to own a nice BX! I know I've downplayed their attributes before, but I'm quite interested in trying a turbo diesel for a bit...

It could be a decision I regret though - I'm hardly going to find another! While trapped in the house by the weather, I have been doing much soul-searching.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Its a hard one to decide, I think for the old girl to live on (as its so rare) maybe it needs to have some down time and a non rolling restoration.

Hats off to you though Ian, youve done your bit.