TIMS BX BLOG

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: TIMS BX BLOG

Post by Tim Leech »

Well its been a Citroeny kinda day again today. Attended the PSA group headquarters family fun day, although it was basically Peuegot branded as they didnt have any Citroen stuff! Weather was lovely, there was a burger stall (one free burger per driver) and a bottle of water, everything else (inc soft drinks and rides) you had to pay for which was rather surprising considering it was a staff "do".

Peugeot no longer makes cars in the UK since Ryton was flattened and everything is made in France or somewhere cheaper, Citroens Slough premises is also no longer their HQ as they share the building with Peugeot. The amount of people was surprisingly few and not that many seemed that interested in the old cars, more the beer tent, hot dogs and sunshine!.

The gorgeous blue 404 dophead with Fuel Injection wouldnt start and was delievered on a low loader....one of the tractions also needed a a push.. (both BX's ran perfectly, in fact the GT seems faster than ever since Scotland).

Still a bif of flag waving and some more BX pr.

In other news...I got these today!

I need a bigger cabinet!
Last edited by Tim Leech on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Tim Leech wrote:

Ooo 'ello! Triton Green - you just can't beat it. Wish they'd put the full valver body kit on the Hurricane (maybe not the front bumper though). 8)
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Got that for £42 plus post so quite pleased! mind you its pricey for an ornament but at least this one arrived with all its extras attached (not broken off in the bottom of the box)
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

I'm not surprised that PSA weren't particularly generous on the catering front. They're skint in a big way. According to this weeks Autocar, PSA group have enough cash to last the year out. Banque PSA has already had a massive cash injection from the French government to keep it buoyant. Looks like the writing is on the wall for proper 'froggy' cars.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

mds141 wrote:I'm not surprised that PSA weren't particularly generous on the catering front. They're skint in a big way. According to this weeks Autocar, PSA group have enough cash to last the year out. Banque PSA has already had a massive cash injection from the French government to keep it buoyant. Looks like the writing is on the wall for proper 'froggy' cars.
MG Maestro?
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

MG maestro???

I have decided the DTR's time has come, ive had it two years, its done 600 miles, so time to let someone else enjoy it. For Sale on car and classic at the moment.

She's in for MOT on Friday and will be on eBay once the test is passed,

I really want it to go to a club member, but realise its maybe too much for most and that were not all polishers so will see what ebay etc shows up.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I wouldn't worry Tim, it's likely to go for such a price that whoever buys it will want to look after their 'investment'. I really can't see it going to someone who will use it for a year round daily driver.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Cheers Mat

If it doesnt sell for the money I want I will just keep it, problem is i really want a morris minor or something similarly basic and old (no jokes about me being both) but feel quilty for selling a BX to fund it, but I also need the garage space aswell and two BX's are enough for me....although I may get the hankering for a cheap diesel winter hack.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Tim Leech wrote:, problem is i really want a morris minor
So do I but SWMBO is absolutlety adamant there is no way one of those is coming to our house, she's equally adamant about me having a dog too :(
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Defender110 wrote:
Tim Leech wrote:, problem is i really want a morris minor
So do I but SWMBO is absolutlety adamant there is no way one of those is coming to our house, she's equally adamant about me having a dog too :(
Ah you see hwmbo doesnt have an issue as long as its a colour he likes, we would both LOVE a dog, as we are animal lovers, but working both full time wouldnt be fair.

I have seen two I like, Kev if I buy one your welcome to have a drive in it.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

My wife almost killed herself in a Morris Minor, so I doubt one will ever join our fleet again! I must admit though, I find the 2CV infinitely preferable to a Moggy. Much better handling, more substantial to drive (yes, really!) and more fun.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Dollywobbler wrote:My wife almost killed herself in a Morris Minor, so I doubt one will ever join our fleet again! I must admit though, I find the 2CV infinitely preferable to a Moggy. Much better handling, more substantial to drive (yes, really!) and more fun.

Your right Ian, but the problem is I just dont like 2CV's, nothing personal but they just dont push my buttons enough to buy one, I quite like Dyane's though!

I want something old fashioned, that you cant drive 500 miles in in a day without blinking (the GT did that recently) and that has that "smell"
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Austin 1100 Tim!! Brilliant little cars. Underrated and compared to Moggys, undervalued.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Good shout Mark - I'm a big fan of the 'bigger Mini.' Great handling, easy to work on and utterly charming - especially with the strip speedo. Or, go for the Vanden Plas version, which is like an 1100 trying to be a Rolls-Royce. They're seriously plush! Wood, leather and masses of sound deadening.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Tim Leech wrote: I have seen two I like, Kev if I buy one your welcome to have a drive in it.
Thanks Tim I may hold you to that as that would either get the urge for one out of my system or make me man up and put my foot down :oops: :roll: I can picture it now; me and my golden retriever driving through the country lanes together, just not sure we would both be able to sleep comfortably on the back seat :(
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.