'Alien' alloys to fit a BX?

Anything about BXs
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

For future reference, any alloys with the stud pattern of 4x108 will fit ont he bx, the std offset is et15 for the bx, but anything with a higher offset will fit with additional spacewrs, - spacing a wheel out reduces the offset number! so an et35 (ford fitment) with a 20mm spacer becomes and et15! the bx has a 5mm central bore the same as the pugs but fords have a 63.3mm but as spacers are needed its not such an issue! (there are a lot of ford to cit/pug spoacers available that are the proper hubcentric ones that fit perfectly on both wheel and hub!)
pretty much all 4 stud, citroen, Peugeot and ford wheels will fit and some audi wheels too but early ones only! i have an alloy fitment guide on my comp , if you want one pm me and i'll send it to you!

the wheels you have are Pug. gti ones but fromt he 1.6 not the 1.9! i have a set of the 1.9's on mine now after i refurbed them to how i wanted and tehy do look good on the bx!!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Thanks Timmo!

Yep, they sure do look good on your BX :wink:
The main difference between 1.6 and 1.9 Pug GTi alloys seems to be that the 1.9s have fewer, but larger 'holes' in the pattern.

I'm also currently keeping an eye on a nice-looking set of 405 wheels on eBay, that I think might look good on my TXD. Depends on how high the bidding gets as to if I'll continue my interest!

Cheers

Dave
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Be careful with spacers....you'll need hefty ones like 10mm or so for 405 alloys and that means longer bolts.....not easy to come by with a flat head. BX16v ones are longer, but rare.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

mountainmanUK wrote:Right, cheers mate! :D

With a bit of luck Monica will soon be driving around the North-West with something like this.......

Unless any BX Anthracites turn up :wink:

Thanks for the info on the nuts too...much appreciated!

Dave
Dave, they are off a Peugot 205GTi 1.6. The 1.9 wheels look different (and better imho). One thing worth mentioning is that the above wheels (in the picture) are solid centre. That means you cannot have them balanced off the car which means it's harder (and probably more expensive) to do.
Vauxhall apologist.
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

The main differences int he two styles of Peugeot alloys are that the 1.6 'Pepperpots' are 14" where as the 1.9 speedlines are 15"

the 14's as cavmad said are solid centres but they CAN be balanced by a decent garage with the proper equipment! Most wheel/tyre p[laces nowadays can do them!

One of our 16v guys has a set of 405 mi16 alloys for offer!
have a look here!
http://www.bx16valve.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1039
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Good point there Billy! :shock:

The pic I used is of a set on the 'Bay, but exactly the same as the lad at work's mate is selling. I never considered the balancing problem, but as you so rightly say, it will be pricier (sp?) to get 'em balanced.

Back to the drawing-board for now, methinks!

(btw....how are you fixed, workwise, tomorrow & Friday? I've got "permission" off SWMBO for a trip down sunny Chester-way while I'm off work! :wink: Let me know when you're available and I'll give you a ring to sort summat out, OK?)

cheers
Dave

Edit: Thanks Timmo! Yeah, I'd seen that ad....looks interesting, and not far from me in Manchester either! :wink:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Hi Dave, sorry I haven't replied to pms etc. Some time available tomorrow afternoon (though not much sorry) but Friday from about 2.00pm onwards and Sat morning are good at the moment, ditto all of Sunday.

When you come down you can have a look at my non genuine alloys on my BX estate. They're 6J width which is usually too much for an estate but seem to fit no problems. Running them on 195-60-14s, might give you an idea of how different alloys look on a BX.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

SOLD To Mr Mountainman
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

:D :D :D :D :D

Cheers Tim!

(still keeping an eye out.....a while to go yet till the National, and Monica wants alloys on her ASAP!)
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Well...I've had a bit of a break (I think!).
Just won these today on the 'Bay, for £36.
I emailed the seller a couple of days back to ask how much he was looking to get, and he replied "at least £100", so I just sat back and watched! Couldn't keep my finger off the button in the last few minutes, so I won 'em! :D

What do you guys think?
They are off a Pug 405.

cheers1
Dave
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

They're 306 alloys. They'll be 14's with quite wimpy tyres, and the offset is a little big, but not on the scale of the 405's at least.

Personally I think they look too modern for a BX. I liked the 1.6 GTi alloys, and you can get them balanced at most tyre centres off the car, they just need the adapters for the machine. Its best to keep them, as Saxo VTR's use an indentical system and we know how common they are. :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Just had this message from the seller:
hi , im really sorry but i was selling them for my mate and she has sold her car on tuesday with the alloys and never told me , i cant apoligise enough for this mistake.sorry
How can these b*&^%ds get away with stuff like this? Just because I bought them , in good faith, for a LOT less than the guy wanted, he comes up with this bloody excuse!

I'm NOT a happy bunny right now! :twisted:

Dave
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Bollocks, it's because they didn't reach the price he wanted. report him to eBay as a non selling eBayer, you have to wait a week I think but don't forget to do it because three strikes and they're out. Don't leave bad feedback until the non selling strike has been listed because that way if they neg you back you don't get the minus feedback. Their comment will be left for all to see but it won't mean a thing.
The tosser should have put a reserve on if he doesn't want to sell them cheap.
What's his username on the bay mate? I'll add him to my BBL.
Vauxhall apologist.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Thanks for the advice Billy!

I told him that he'd only come up with that excuse 'cos they didnt make what he wanted. I'm deffo gonna report him. I didnt know about waiting a week for the neg feedback though...handy hint!

His name on eBay is " cheesman1227 ", with 100% feedback previously!
Seemed really genuine too.

The original ad read:
For sale

4 as new alloy wheels , with tyres all in good condition with one new tyre, with 4 stud fitment , will fit 205 , 309 , 306 , 405

these havent been used for a while and are in very good condition for the year, with a tiny bit of pitting that can be repaired for next to nothing.

feel free to offer as i will consider ending the auction early .

if you have any questions please dont hesitate to contact me

thanks for looking happy bidding!!!!!
Whats p**sing me off more is that I missed a set of Pug GTi 1.9s for 50-odd quid while I was buying his!

Ah well! Put it down to experience, I guess. The first bad time I've had in 5 yrs eBaying!

Cheers
Dave
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Kitch wrote:They're 306 alloys.
That style of alloy wheel was also fitted to very late model 405 GTX's, so they could be off a 405.

That excuse from the seller is an utter load of crap. How can they have been sold on a car if they are pictured off the car? That's going to be a fairly hefty negative feedback if ever there was one!

You might be interested in these:
These are 306 alloys. Not sure what model 306 they are from (possibly s16), but they're currently fitted with 185/60 14's, which are incorrect for the 405, but correct for a BX. I can't make up my mind if I want to keep them on the 405 (with some correct tyres) or not. The tyres are in good condition, and all have about 4-5mm of tread left. (they're pirelli p6000's)

Interested? (anyone?)
this might be a signature